User Manual for Core7 Base Elements

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

tdg0910

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering the switch to triton but after reading this I'm concerned... I'm using an algae reactor and can't dose into the reactor... the reactor and return pump are in the same compartment. Is this a major issue? Will triton core7 not work for me? Thanks.

OP
OP
Tim@Triton

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering the switch to triton but after reading this I'm concerned... I'm using an algae reactor and can't dose into the reactor... the reactor and return pump are in the same compartment. Is this a major issue? Will triton core7 not work for me? Thanks.
Just make sure that you dose into high flow 'after' the skimmer section, you want the algae and corals to have first crack at the solutions, it will still work fine.

matic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started dosing the core7 about a month ago and from then my glass got a white/brown haze, any ideas what this could be?

matic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, only skimmer, marine pure, and chaeto. Few lps corals, tank is running 1 year.

matic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ehmm, triton methode? Set up an refugium with cheato and started dosing the core 7. KH seems stable at around 8.3.

matic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back again; still have the white haze on the glass. I have a reefer 450 and started dosing a month ago, after a week the white haze returned. I now think it could be calcium precipitation, i measured my calcium, magnesium and alk today; calcium is 430, magnesium 1230 and alk 8,5. Could it be that my calcium/magnesium is of balance cousing the precipitation?

matic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Als my 3A is very cloudy white, is this ok?

IMG_3548.JPG

OP
OP
Tim@Triton

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Als my 3A is very cloudy white, is this ok?

IMG_3548.JPG
Looks like a bit of saltwater has got into the container, remove as much as you can and check for back syphoning, make sure the end of the tube on the tank side is not in the water.

matic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is not back syphoning and the tube is not in the water. But do you think this could be the problem? I got tiny white partikels floating in the water and I really think it has to be the triton dosing, could it be precipitation?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back