ValueLED PAR readings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MitchReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got hold of a PAR meter tonight and tested my tank with ReefBreeders ValueLED fixtures. The tank is a 4'X2'X2' 120G standard glass tank. There is currently no sandbed but I will be adding 1 1/2 to 2 inches of sand. The rockwork is in and will be referenced. The readings were done with a standard Apogee PAR meter with the little spot detector.

Just peeking out of the top of the water I got 1950 PAR
Just below the surface was 1650 PAR
Top of major rockwork (about 10" from the water surface) 440 PAR
Bottom glass 250 PAR

That is with the fixture turned to max on both Blues and Days. Those readings don't take into account the under-reporting of the Apogee, which ranges from 4.2% for Cool Whites to 10.7% for Royal Blue.

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got hold of a PAR meter tonight and tested my tank with ReefBreeders ValueLED fixtures. The tank is a 4'X2'X2' 120G standard glass tank. There is currently no sandbed but I will be adding 1 1/2 to 2 inches of sand. The rockwork is in and will be referenced. The readings were done with a standard Apogee PAR meter with the little spot detector.

Just peeking out of the top of the water I got 1950 PAR
Just below the surface was 1650 PAR
Top of major rockwork (about 10" from the water surface) 440 PAR
Bottom glass 250 PAR

That is with the fixture turned to max on both Blues and Days. Those readings don't take into account the under-reporting of the Apogee, which ranges from 4.2% for Cool Whites to 10.7% for Royal Blue.

I just ordered mine for my frag tank. Are your par numbers with the 120 degree optics? I ordered mine with the 90s

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many fixtures are you running on your 120?

Brandon

Ostentum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting my readings with the Apogee par meter was 2600 entering the water 7" off the surface, 12" underneath the water was 800 and sandbed 24" was 500 with the 90 degree optics for the value series. Your results mirror my Photon 24 at the same height off the water and 90 optics.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back