Variable Illumination

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so under Illumination in the GCC, and in the app, there is a Variable Illumination tab. It has 16 channels. You can set different channels to run on different days of the week.

That's about the extent of the information that I can find on Variable Illumination. Nothing when I search here, nothing in the resource guide, nothing in (an admittedly brief) Google search.

So what are they, and how do they work?

Cheers, Tony

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tristren - I hope I explain this well enough because I been actually playing with this feature more for fun :)

It allows you to have different illumination channels for different days of the week. Then you can assign these Variable channel to represent the group of illumination channels. The system on that day of the week will assign that illumination channel. In my test I did 7 different ones and have them applied to a Tunze Pump :).

For Example:
I am playing with using Variable channels on the 1-10V interfaces. So this allows me to have different flow patterns for days of the week with my Tunze pumps.

I am also playing with it with my Kessil light on the 1-10V interface. Where I can actually set different light channels for the day of the week.

What I am thinking is this may have more a commercial application then a normal hobby application. You could for example set a different illumination channel pattern Monday through Friday when the store is open, or when workers are working in the systems..

Or maybe you having dimming T5 Ballast and you want them to be one pattern on the weekends and another during the week.

It is very interesting how it works. We are all use to programming things on repeating patterns, this allows you to repeat the patterns but every week.

OP
OP
Tristren

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tristren - I hope I explain this well enough because I been actually playing with this feature more for fun :)

It allows you to have different illumination channels for different days of the week. Then you can assign these Variable channel to represent the group of illumination channels. The system on that day of the week will assign that illumination channel. In my test I did 7 different ones and have them applied to a Tunze Pump :).

For Example:
I am playing with using Variable channels on the 1-10V interfaces. So this allows me to have different flow patterns for days of the week with my Tunze pumps.

I am also playing with it with my Kessil light on the 1-10V interface. Where I can actually set different light channels for the day of the week.

What I am thinking is this may have more a commercial application then a normal hobby application. You could for example set a different illumination channel pattern Monday through Friday when the store is open, or when workers are working in the systems..

Or maybe you having dimming T5 Ballast and you want them to be one pattern on the weekends and another during the week.

It is very interesting how it works. We are all use to programming things on repeating patterns, this allows you to repeat the patterns but every week.
Very neat. Yes, I was actually thinking of this for stream pumps.

I can't really picture how the groups work. I've only looked at it in the app though so will go into the GCC and poke around.

It would be interesting to tie these to a monthly cycle as opposed to just days of the week.

Cheers, Tony

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back