VCA Random Flow Generator vs Wave maker???

OP
OP
kLoRRn

kLoRRn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh absolutely it'll be a fun project! A little advice, try and make sure both of the lok lines have the same bent between each knuckle. That will make sure you have even flow coming out of both nozzles. Say you're looking at the side of the tank and the chambers are to the right.. aim the one line and nozzle so it shoots down the side of the glass and the other line I would point the nozzle a little bit downwards and towards the back left corner if that makes any sense. Those nozzles are designed in a way that you will see VCA etched into the side of the nozzle, make sure they are pointed directly upwards to the surface of the water as if you were looking down over top and you can read VCA. It's kind of the way they're designed so you can get proper randomization out of them. I'll check in tomorrow and see how you're making out. Kind of like this if you can see in the photo.
I was able to add the pump yesterday and I love it. I have the perfect shimmer in the tank. The clowns did not like it at first but I found them to be swimming around perfectly now; if anything I almost notice them playing in the flow rather than sitting on the back wall. Only issue so far is my Xenia shriveled up. I’m gonna give it another day before I move it to a new location but hopefully they are just adjusting

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@kLoRRn Sorry I missed this thread - glad you where abel to get what you need and get a good pump to drive the Random Flow Generator. Did you go with the single 1/2in or the dual 1/4in kit? And, (not sure if it missed it) what return pump did you upgrade to?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back