VDM Zoa Care

ReeferAdrian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

There has been very little information on the VDM zoa care. Any inputs or advice would be much appreciated!
What kind of light level, flow it needs etc.

Want to get this right the first time with any tips from you guys.

Valentine's Day Massacre Zoa - Not my picture
upload_2018-1-15_15-13-2.png

Ice

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most VDM these days are KO-Nighrmares, with that being said I think they are very flexible and should be treted like any other zoa. Low light and low-mod flow to start off with. Right now mine are sitting in lower light and seem to love it.

OP
OP
R

ReeferAdrian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ice,
Thanks for the feedback, any concerns/issues with the vivid orange color fading as time goes? How long have you had them and are they slow growers?

Ice

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fading colors can either be just the type of light, parameters off or even sometimes not enough light. There's plenty of zoas ive got that dull out over time just due to the fact the person before me had them in such high light. Also T5 grow them better but don't seem to give the same color as led. LEDs are not all the same either, I have a nanobox led over one tank and a kessil over my frag tank running the same par and parameters and the kessil just seems to bring out the color more. I had a colony for about a year back in 2014 that randomly melted but they never really grew fast for me. This frag I have now isn't doing anything either sadly but ive only had it for a month and these guys seem to take longer to adjust than other zoas. My advice is if they open then leave them alone for a few months. We all love to move zoas around to try to help them get even better growth and color and sometimes they shut and never open again.

Hope this helps a little.

OP
OP
R

ReeferAdrian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right! It does! yes, i do get the impression that zoas does not like to be touched or moved that much. Will look to put it on the sandbed for the time being and then see how it goes. Thanks again Ice!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back