Vectra L1 Battery Backup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BlakeH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a chart available anywhere with approx run times of the Vectra pumps on the battery backup. I’m looking to add one to my tank and deciding whether it’s better to run it to the Vortech or vectra. Typically, I can react to a power outage within hours and get our generator up and running, but we are out of town for a beach trip in a couple weeks and wanted to see how long I could get out of the vectra.

Thanks!

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech provides a chart for their Vortech wavemaker pumps but is ambiguous on the approximate times for their Vectra pumps. You can use their battery backup on either product but make sure that you also purchase their battery backup booster cable if you decide to use it on their Vectra pumps.
Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 9.32.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 9.35.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 9.35.28 AM.png

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread didn't get much feedback, but I'm running into the same pickle. I have 2 x MP40s plus M1 as return. I have a single backup battery and thinking if I had to prioritize, I would do the M1 because it's more important to me to have water circulating through the tank and sump in a life support situation. The return itself will continue to oxygenate as with MP40s and what I get from the surface water movement, but I think the return pump would have more.. so I would prioritize that. Just one man's point of view.

Anyone using some sort of splitter to get multiple devices on a single battery? Yes of course run time will be impacted, but I'm personally looking for 5-6 hrs at best in case it happens at night.

bigjgmac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread didn't get much feedback, but I'm running into the same pickle. I have 2 x MP40s plus M1 as return. I have a single backup battery and thinking if I had to prioritize, I would do the M1 because it's more important to me to have water circulating through the tank and sump in a life support situation. The return itself will continue to oxygenate as with MP40s and what I get from the surface water movement, but I think the return pump would have more.. so I would prioritize that. Just one man's point of view.

Anyone using some sort of splitter to get multiple devices on a single battery? Yes of course run time will be impacted, but I'm personally looking for 5-6 hrs at best in case it happens at night.
I agree completely. I think it's far more important to have circulation via the return pump rather than a powerhead. That said, it'll be a reduced amount of time. I'm in the process of building a new tank and will have it set up as described. Once I get down the road with it a bit, I'll run a test and post my results in my build thread, and likely an independent post as well.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back