Vermetid Snails?? Get a wrasse.

JAIME_MTY

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had an outbreak in my 200 gal waterbox, added six line, melanarus wrasse , 100 bumble bees and copper band all at same time. Will see how it goes.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had an outbreak in my 200 gal waterbox, added six line, melanarus wrasse , 100 bumble bees and copper band all at same time. Will see how it goes.
That is commitment. I have not yet figured out the proper predator response for these pests. Wrasses I love anyway. CBB are also good pest control. But I still have vermetids. At least they don't multiply like they once did. Also 25 bumblebees.

Bobblehead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always wondered how exactly the bumblebees get at the vermetids. It’s not like the bumblebees can break the shell and I imagine the vermetids would retract into their bases when they’re attacked. Sorry I know this is a bit of a sidetrack but…anyone know?

RyanHoan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always wondered how exactly the bumblebees get at the vermetids. It’s not like the bumblebees can break the shell and I imagine the vermetids would retract into their bases when they’re attacked. Sorry I know this is a bit of a sidetrack but…anyone know?
They drill into the shell

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m fighting vermetids. Seem to be spreading more. Some are on my monti digi. Gonna take out and scrape those off. Getting 15 bumblebee snails too. Fish of hex says only way to get rid of is reboot

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m fighting vermetids. Seem to be spreading more. Some are on my monti digi. Gonna take out and scrape those off. Getting 15 bumblebee snails too. Fish of hex says only way to get rid of is reboot
I have 3 tanks each has a Melanurus wrasse. I've watched all 3 suck the snails out of their tubes. I still have a few of the snails left, but not like I use to have. The wrasses also wiped out my tiny feather dusters. Same process, sucked them out of their tubes.

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 tanks each has a Melanurus wrasse. I've watched all 3 suck the snails out of their tubes. I still have a few of the snails left, but not like I use to have. The wrasses also wiped out my tiny feather dusters. Same process, sucked them out of their tubes.
I’d do that but I have another wrasse in th tank and not sure if they’d get along. Sailfin fairy wrasse

alexh360

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Yellow Coris and melanurus wrasse never helped with vermetid snails. My rockwork in my 120 Gallon was completely infested and covered in them. I added 20 bumblebee snails and they took care of them all within 2 weeks.
Did they eat the shells and all?

alexh360

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased 16 bumble snails, they are all over the rocks looking for things to eat, but haven't seen them attack the vermetid snails. I am not feeding the bumble bees just what they can find from left over feedings. I will keep you all posted with my snails.
Any update on the bumble bee snails?

Back