Vibrant after bubble algae

leewish

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 21, 2019
Messages
589
Reaction score
223
Location
North Wales, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi All,

I am at the 6 week mark of dosing vibrant for bubble algae and it has done a great job. Enjoying less buildup on the glass for sure and BA is almost gone.

I had my chaeto in a separate tank and have read about it could be better to start with fresh chaeto to prevent reintroduction potentially so considering that as well.

2 questions:

1. How long after I stop dosing vibrant can I reintroduce the chaeto to the tank?
2. If I wanted to continue dosing vibrant less than once a week is there a dosing schedule that would not wipe out the chaeto? Like could dosing it once every 3-4 weeks or a 1/2 dose every 2 weeks not wipe out my chaeto in the future? Curious if anyone has found a happy medium where you continue to use it without losing chaeto but still getting the benefits of it for general tank maintenance.
 
1. How long after I stop dosing vibrant can I reintroduce the chaeto to the tank?
Part of this depends on what you believe is in Vibrant. I would personally wait a month. You could also contact the company support to help with this question
2. If I wanted to continue dosing vibrant less than once a week is there a dosing schedule that would not wipe out the chaeto? Like could dosing it once every 3-4 weeks or a 1/2 dose every 2 weeks not wipe out my chaeto in the future? Curious if anyone has found a happy medium where you continue to use it without losing chaeto but still getting the benefits of it for general tank maintenance.
I would not does it with Chaeto - but - again - perhaps The best source might be the company itself?

@UWC
 
The two don't mix. That's the low down. A couple weeks your fine to start up again
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new