Vibrant after bubble algae

leewish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I am at the 6 week mark of dosing vibrant for bubble algae and it has done a great job. Enjoying less buildup on the glass for sure and BA is almost gone.

I had my chaeto in a separate tank and have read about it could be better to start with fresh chaeto to prevent reintroduction potentially so considering that as well.

2 questions:

1. How long after I stop dosing vibrant can I reintroduce the chaeto to the tank?
2. If I wanted to continue dosing vibrant less than once a week is there a dosing schedule that would not wipe out the chaeto? Like could dosing it once every 3-4 weeks or a 1/2 dose every 2 weeks not wipe out my chaeto in the future? Curious if anyone has found a happy medium where you continue to use it without losing chaeto but still getting the benefits of it for general tank maintenance.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1. How long after I stop dosing vibrant can I reintroduce the chaeto to the tank?
Part of this depends on what you believe is in Vibrant. I would personally wait a month. You could also contact the company support to help with this question
2. If I wanted to continue dosing vibrant less than once a week is there a dosing schedule that would not wipe out the chaeto? Like could dosing it once every 3-4 weeks or a 1/2 dose every 2 weeks not wipe out my chaeto in the future? Curious if anyone has found a happy medium where you continue to use it without losing chaeto but still getting the benefits of it for general tank maintenance.
I would not does it with Chaeto - but - again - perhaps The best source might be the company itself?

@UWC

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The two don't mix. That's the low down. A couple weeks your fine to start up again

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back