Victoria Music's Custom 180 Rebuild

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We went to Knoxville this last time. We did eat at a brewery. And saw Jason Mraz. But that was a little side trip. We stayed in a little but very nice hotel right in Gatlinburg, TN. Walk to the SugarLands Moonshine, listen to some great music, walk to Smokey Mountain Brewery, eat and drink some more, and then... nunyabusiness. Best trip ever! No kids! Rode the Dragons Tail in our 370Z over to Knoxville, Top down, heat cranked. It was so awesome! This was a driving trip. Usually we hike, site see, stay in a cabin in the mountains.

Dragons tail is definitely a drivers road. Have friends that do it every year on motorcycle- come all the way from California to do it. Gatlinsburh is definitely hiking abs moonshining country. Pretty part of the world too

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dragons tail is definitely a drivers road. Have friends that do it every year on motorcycle- come all the way from California to do it. Gatlinsburh is definitely hiking abs moonshining country. Pretty part of the world too
We have done it in a minivan. They should sell T shirts that say “I have puked on the Dragons Tail”

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And husband has done it on a motorcycle. It was amazing when we went in March. Non of the trees had foliage yet so visibility was incredible. And we did a small hike with snow. Rainbow Falls. I could only make it a mile. Never drink like that then plan to drive a Z thru winding roads then hike. It was terrible!

U

User1

View Badges
Lol yeah, I love it. I don’t have a social life anyway, so no harm no foul. I literally haven’t been out socially with people other than my wife in 3 years. She does try to set me up on play gates with other dads though, which is cute, but most of them are the weird nerdy type...

I was more social when I was in the wreck and cave diving scenes, but dropped out of that when I moved to Tennessee 6 years ago. Not many shipwrecks in the quarries.

But it’s all good- I get to go on loooooong walks with this one

b90a9fc574a1d8d69b13143f8659a704.jpg

And this is out my back door, literally
55712dabf2982a5954ad52f37a102ad1.jpg

That looks like the lake, river, scene in the movie Enemy of the State (even though I know it isn't :) ).

U

User1

View Badges
Quick question about fish, then we can get back to better stuff-

You have azure damsels, right? 3 or 4? How are they territorially?

I got misinformed that sapphire damsels would school but had that idea corrected the other day. Still want 3-4 but could use first hand experience from someone who did it just recently. Any problems with QT?

Not directed at me but I have them. Well, one now anyway. They are similar to other damsels in the Chrysiptera family. My opinion out of all of the damsels that family is the best bet to be more tolerable of others. They do need a mature tank with lots of rock to carve out their own territory. I started with three Azures and three Talbot's but over the last 7 years I lost the Talbot's - not sure why but could be age. That left me with the three Azures. They more or less all got along in a 40 breeder with 6 rose bubble tip anemones and some large hammer frags mixed in with Kenya trees. I know two started to shack up and started to spawn regularly and that is when I started to run into trouble with the third. One of the pair started to branch out more and ran across the other and they started to fight. It wasn't long before it died - I tried to get it out but would have had to move the hammers and they seem to break easy when I move them.

Anyway I had a pair for the last couple of years and then one day my anemones spawned and it wrecked havoc in my tank. Very cloudy water conditions and low oxygen I guess. Something knocked all of my fish out and after doing an emergency water change things started to come back to. The Azures forgot they are a pair I guess and started to fight which left me with the one I have now. They are healthy. They eat. They blend in well with other damsels from the Chrysiptera family. Talbot's, Randalls, etc. Has long as you provide a mature tank with corals for cover and territory for them to call home you can add 3 or 4 easy. @ca1ore has 50 to 60 of them in his 450. They offer both a splash of color and speed in a small form factor package.

I will be adding Azures, Talbot's, Randall's and Tracy's to my 210 probably within 6 months. I have the rock work for homes but I don't have the coral maturity yet. That is what I'm still working on. Anyway I like damsels and they seem to work ok for me anyway.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@neilp2006
I got the idea for a school of azure damsels from @ca1ore . I believe you have visited his magnificent thread? If not it is a must read! you will love his fishroom;)
I gave two damsels in the 180 now. They definately need some extended family to chase. :p
There are 5 asure damsels in the 20 gallon QT and they school and chase occasionally.But the chase lasts about 3 inches and is over. They should go into the DT this weeend if my kids will do it.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back