Victoria Music's Custom 180 Rebuild

U

User1

View Badges
I was munching the Hershey as I unwrapped the heater! It was still cold and hard and I realized I made a mistake. ;Smug Reese cups are the bomb cold! Thank you! That was a very sweet of you! I am so happy to have the heater for my invert QT. I am waiting for the hose to warm up and soften. :)

I put mine in the freezer - nice treats. Just like a snickers actually.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That reminds me...for you folks that did not use your given name. What was the inspiration for your name and avatar? Many of you have some interesting stuff going on there!
I used to brew my own beer. I'd sell enough to cover the costs of the next batch. Nothing better than high quality, effectively free beer for a single sailor in his 20's! :D

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to brew my own beer. I'd sell enough to cover the costs of the next batch. Nothing better than high quality, effectively free beer for a single sailor in his 20's! :D
That was a long time ago...lol...I figured you did it now. Home brewing is very popular around here now. You ever think about brewing beer now? My husband wants to try it. Lots of stuff on the net about home brewing. One of our local iconic restaurants that serves this unique “weird” pizza started brewing beer and they are amazing. G&J. You local folks know it?

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is very true. My tough times as a patient shaped my practice as a nurse.
I had such a GREAT day yesterday. I felt great. Not pain free, just clean pain. Vertigo and nausea seems to accompany brain surgery pain and it is horrible. I find things smell weird, stronger, sounds are too bright, I see weird shapes in the dark. I am clumsy and I startle very easily.
I am not as good today. It is ok, not as bad as other days, but I over did it giving the dog a bath.
I had a drug interaction the other day at home. It is the third time it happened but this time I was at home and could not attribute the symptoms to anything else. Actually my 23 year old figured it out. It was Norco and Imitrex. I had uncontrollable shivering and tremoring, hypertension, labile BP, tachycardia, I felt like my skin was on fire especially my head, neck and face, nausea, mild stomach pain, severe anxiety, and panic, chest pain and my throat felt like it was closing. It would come and go. The first time we thought it was a reaction to dilaudid, the second time we thought I had a GI bug. The third time there was nothing to attribute it to. I was scared silly but I toughed it out at home with my 23 year old holding my hand for 2 hours. I figured I got through it at the hospital with out medical help and there I had taken double the dose. After I started to feel the symptoms improve my pain came back. I was so scared I went to my ER where I work. I went before I was insensible with pain to get a doctors advise. I drove myself while everyone slept at home. In my robe :) My first nurse was not nice and I kinda took a big giant breath, and told her I was an ICU nurse here, and that all I needed was to speak to a physician. My attitude told her I was not not interested in any crap. She did not return to my room. The doctor and nurse that came to assess me were amazing. They listened to me carefully, the doctor explained to me what what happening to me. He spoke to me like a nurse and a patient and a human being, and I felt compassion radiating from him. It was a balm to my fear and lack of trust. He agreed it was the imitrex and Norco. He encouraged me to try a tiny amount of Xanax at home, and stop taking Norco ASAP, and no more imitrex. He also suggested I get in with my neurologist right away. Ok...so...I am scared silly of drug addiction. And anti anxiolytics. I react so strongly to drugs. Drugs that knock my patients out make me go wacko with activity, like I want to crawl outta my skin. Opioids, phenergan, IV benedryl, to name a few. I have learned this thru painful experiences in a health crisis. He educated me about it. He said 4% of the population respond to drugs that effect the central nervous system like that that. He had a name for it, and I can not remember it. He said too many healthcare providers are not educated about it. I was floored!
I took a half of what he suggested and it seems to have reset my nervous system or something. I took half of the Norco I was taking the last two days. It is a great improvement. If you read all that, thanks for listening. No offense if ya don’t. I feel better getting a part of it off my chest. Sorry if it is all over the board. I am free writing and hitting send. So much has happened it is hard to know where to start. So I just wrote about the most recent horrifying event.
Read every word Victoria. What a tough woman you are and an inspiration. To more good days and fewer bad. It will happen.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was a long time ago...lol...I figured you did it now. Home brewing is very popular around here now. You ever think about brewing beer now? My husband wants to try it. Lots of stuff on the net about home brewing. One of our local iconic restaurants that serves this unique “weird” pizza started brewing beer and they are amazing. G&J. You local folks know it?
Nope, no desire to do it anymore. It is a lot of work and it stinks up the house. It also wouldn't be good for your aquarium. It would cause bacteria blooms.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My niece when she was little always said I was crabby so that is how I got my user name I use on most forums. Hard to believe that crabby was used on reef2reef so I added the 48. The 48 was a number I used then I raced.

Looking through the glass and the lights had to be hard on you. It messes with my head after awhile. One of the last times I knocked my self out certain lights bother me.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That reminds me...for you folks that did not use your given name. What was the inspiration for your name and avatar? Many of you have some interesting stuff going on there!

Caveman has been my nickname since my first month at college in 1988. My avatar is a picture of a Moon Jellyfish taken at the Aquarium of the Bay in San Francisco. It will never change.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a fish in QT assuming all would be just fine. I do not want to waste any more time with the QT empty, ya know? But seeing him look less than perfect reminds me how much work a QT can be. I hope it does not become too taxing. Fingers crossed that the copper was just a tad too high too fast.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My name comes from the fact I feel so out of touch with modern reefing.. all the gadgets and different methods being touted as “miracles” drive me nuts :p I’ll stick with dripping Kalk and water changes ;), my avatar is a picture of a huge elegance I had in my first reef, it came from one of the founders of modern reefing John Burleson, he discovered the benefits of a targeted light spectrum for optimum coral growth and introduced North America to actinic lighting. his shop wasn’t far from my home and I also first met Julian Sprung there when we where just kids in our 20’s... now I feel really old;Facepalm

Nice write up on John on reefbuilders.. link below

https://reefbuilders.com/2017/01/28/milestones-in-the-reef-aquarium-hobby/

Last edited:

Muttley000

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was 20 and riding my 1960 hard tail sportster that was chopped too far to turn a corner on a normal city block, and my pony tail was tucked into the back of my pants when I rode, the older guys I rode with gave me the nickname!

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gardening is one of the few situations where the answer is really wrong or perfect depending on where you live.

Getting or giving decent advice required knowing where you were gardening.

It was customary to add your location by city or general area of state in your signature file on the gardening forums.
USDA type cold zones or Sunset garden zones were a plus.

Most of the ones I was on were USA centric so I didn't get confused with England very often. [emoji846]

Lol, it sounds a bit pompous now since several people have asked me if I am part of the Norfolk Botanical Garden.
Only as a member for several decades. Not in any official capacity. [emoji846]

Avatar is our favorite fish and invert.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back