Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
943C4381-79E2-4FFD-883F-4CF5F95CEC1A.jpeg

You can not hardly see my scar at all. I am still getting a painful lump under my skin at the top left of the scar every night and with exercise. The seroma. The surgeon said it was likely cerbral spinal fluid. I also get a weird muffled sound in my ears that I read can be a symptom of a cerbral fluid leak, but that is the only other symptom I have so I guess that is good. I wonder when this opening will heal. If I don’t take pain medicine it wakes me up all night when my pillow touches it. I am better, though.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is the one I currently use. Nitrates 5 or 10? I dunno...I can’t really say for sure? I read our axolotl tank to double check. I might start adding her water to the reef tank for nitrates!
I am of the opinion that if it is between 5ppm and 20ppm it's just fine. I don't care if I can read more precisely than that. The tank is looking surprisingly clean. Can't wait for it to start growing in!

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am of the opinion that if it is between 5ppm and 20ppm it's just fine. I don't care if I can read more precisely than that. The tank is looking surprisingly clean. Can't wait for it to start growing in!
I feel the same. I moved two corals tonight. Both liked their new homes better.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can not hardly see my scar at all. I am still getting a painful lump under my skin at the top left of the scar every night and with exercise.

You need to stop exercising your head. :rolleyes:

Scar, or no scar looks great. :D

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lowell Lemon would you ask your neuro surgeon friends if my scalp lump that comes and (mostly) goes is that unusual? My crit care doc friend assured me it just needs more time to heal. It is prolly true but it does hurt at night, and worries me a bit.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 and @NY_Caveman remember all my concerns about scraping the front panel of my tank, and the issues it gave me with my wrist? I got my Tunze Care magnet back out and I am loving this thing. It works beautifully on the tough green/brown films that form.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Brew12 and @NY_Caveman remember all my concerns about scraping the front panel of my tank, and the issues it gave me with my wrist? I got my Tunze Care magnet back out and I am loving this thing. It works beautifully on the tough green/brown films that form.
I just started using the Tunze recently and I absolutely love it. Comfortable at different angles and really scrapes and cleans well. I have not even used the razor yet and still find it very effective.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started using the Tunze recently and I absolutely love it. Comfortable at different angles and really scrapes and cleans well. I have not even used the razor yet and still find it very effective.
That is neat. I was not a fan because I bought it to scrape coraline off of my acrylic. No matter what coraline scrapping is just so hard! But I could only use the plastic ends.
Loving that I can clean allllllll of my view panel without help! And with out pain! It is so awesome!

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is neat. I was not a fan because I bought it to scrape coraline off of my acrylic. No matter what coraline scrapping is just so hard! But I could only use the plastic ends.
Loving that I can clean allllllll of my view panel without help! And with out pain! It is so awesome!

Agreed- that thing is amazing. Other than my wet side rusting in 3 days (old stock, since warranty replaced with new version) it’s great.

With an in wall though, I have to duct tape the handle to my glass, go to next room and insert wet side, then go back, unpeel the tape then clean the front panel. Then tape, remove wet side, un tape.

Small price to pay since it only takes 15 minutes to do the whole thing since it cleans so well

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed- that thing is amazing. Other than my wet side rusting in 3 days (old stock, since warranty replaced with new version) it’s great.

With an in wall though, I have to duct tape the handle to my glass, go to next room and insert wet side, then go back, unpeel the tape then clean the front panel. Then tape, remove wet side, un tape.

Small price to pay since it only takes 15 minutes to do the whole thing since it cleans so well
That is a pain about in wall display tanks without access doors over head.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a pain about in wall display tanks without access doors over head.

Small price to pay in order to put up the art.

Commissioned nudibranch paintings from an artist friend and a piece of driftwood from our scuba beach in CA. And an itty bitty glass octopus [emoji223]

7595be2a921819029cae6e6b8b2843f6.jpg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I use a flipper magnet and love it. It's very easy to use.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small price to pay in order to put up the art.

Commissioned nudibranch paintings from an artist friend and a piece of driftwood from our scuba beach in CA. And an itty bitty glass octopus [emoji223]

7595be2a921819029cae6e6b8b2843f6.jpg

Yes, it is worth it. Very nice display. Cept that itty bitty octopus makes me want to grab a shoe, at first glance. I promise I won’t though. ;Wacky

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I use a flipper magnet and love it. It's very easy to use.
I was looking at buying one when I occured to that me my Tunze magnet might work. Especially glad it worked because the aquarium budget is nil right now.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at buying one when I occured to that me my Tunze magnet might work. Especially glad it worked because the aquarium budget is nil right now.
Isn't your tank acrylic? I'm not sure the flipper would work nearly as well on a tank that isn't glass. If the Tunze is working for you, stick with it!

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't your tank acrylic? I'm not sure the flipper would work nearly as well on a tank that isn't glass. If the Tunze is working for you, stick with it!
Yes, 3/4 inch acrylic. I am happy with the Tunze.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it is worth it. Very nice display. Cept that itty bitty octopus makes me want to grab a shoe, at first glance. I promise I won’t though. ;Wacky

Lol

The octopus was actually commissioned too, although you can find similar all over Etsy.

When I was showing my now wife Katie around the scuba diving sites in Monterey, there was one rick at the base of a particular wall that has historically housed an octopus, literally for generations. Every couple years a new individual, but passing down the home for years. Anyway, for some reason, if I slow swam past that rock, she’d come out and shake hands with me. I’ve had three dive buddies go past there, and it only ever did it with me. Of course, I showed off to my wife, suggesting I knew a special finger movement that put them in a trance and just attracted octopi. She didn’t buy it until the octopus cane out, wrapped its legs around my fingers and just hung out for 5 mins. Blew my wife’s mind.

There was also a seal pup that would follow us and one time laid its head on my shoulder, but I think a life sized model of a seal stuck to my wall would be kinda awkward, lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back