Victoria Music's Custom 180 Rebuild

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've given up on fleshy LPS for so long I can't remember if that is a scolly or a trachy. :-/

How do you keep that with a flame angel?! Well done!

Very interesting question?
She is a very rare captive BRED that I have had from a baby, my thoughts are that she shouldn't see corals as food if fed naturally! ;)

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4141.JPG

Also added this beauty to QT!

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because of the Molly Miller having some flukes I started feeding pellets with focus and GC and Selcon but the Molly Miller has not eaten yet. Ggrrr. Should I add Prazi to the water?
For those that might not peruse the fish illness subforum...

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TheMolly Miller Blenny died. :( I think I gave it a heart attack. I added RO water to the dip and it went crazy, then stiff as a board and died. I gave it 10 minutes to revive and it went dark and was not breathing.

Last edited:

norfolkgarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TheMolly Miller Blenny died. :( I think I gave it a heart attack. I added RO water to the dip and it went crazy, then stiff as a boad and died. I gave it 10 minutes to revive and it went dark and was not breathing.
Sorry to hear about the blenny!

I think a fresh water dip is supposed to be just fresh water that matches your Ph (at least close) and aeration. 5 minutes max.
No meds.

That is all we have ever used.
You can see the flukes left over in the water. They were not visible on the fish. :-/

saintsreturn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New level of classes?
This is why you shouldn't post while at work. I have no idea what I was referring to at this point....

That said, I had a ton of reading to catch up on with your thread. I do love the progress and am happy to hear about the positive diagnosis. Best of luck and I look forward to more pics.

U

User1

View Badges
Sorry to hear about the blenny!

I think a fresh water dip is supposed to be just fresh water that matches your Ph (at least close) and aeration. 5 minutes max.
No meds.

That is all we have ever used.
You can see the flukes left over in the water. They were not visible on the fish. :-/

This is also what I've read. Actually, it is also what I do but with a slight twist. I do a fresh water dip but add Methylene Blue following Mr. Fenner's guide on Wet Web Media / FAQ. I have found it really helpful when doing a dip (5 - 15 minutes) and even baths which last longer (30 minutes) with the only drawback not being able to see if anything has fallen off.

I will never do fresh water dip or bath again using normal water of any kind after reading this. Methylene Blue has the added benefit of being a great oxygenating dye. I'm already stressed, the fish is already stressed, figured this is at least helping or aiding in keeping the oxygen high. If you haven't read his dip/bath FAQ it is worth it if this is a normal part of your routine.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is also what I've read. Actually, it is also what I do but with a slight twist. I do a fresh water dip but add Methylene Blue following Mr. Fenner's guide on Wet Web Media / FAQ. I have found it really helpful when doing a dip (5 - 15 minutes) and even baths which last longer (30 minutes) with the only drawback not being able to see if anything has fallen off.

I will never do fresh water dip or bath again using normal water of any kind after reading this. Methylene Blue has the added benefit of being a great oxygenating dye. I'm already stressed, the fish is already stressed, figured this is at least helping or aiding in keeping the oxygen high. If you haven't read his dip/bath FAQ it is worth it if this is a normal part of your routine.
Yes, I remember that too.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TheMolly Miller Blenny died. :( I think I gave it a heart attack. I added RO water to the dip and it went crazy, then stiff as a board and died. I gave it 10 minutes to revive and it went dark and was not breathing.

Sorry about your Blenny :(

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%

Back