Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Victoria,
It's been and awhile.

Having you been making a good recovery from your surgery?

Thanks, Freddie
Hi Freddie, I am doing fantastic! All things considered...sometimes I think “holy moley, I had a brain tumor!” I am doing great! Thank you so much for asking:)

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Freddie, I am doing fantastic! All things considered...sometimes I think “holy moley, I had a brain tumor!” I am doing great! Thank you so much for asking:)

:)

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My QT adventures continue...
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/lamarcks-angel.587057/
Thank you @Brew12 for your continued advice. The QT process is a whole new ball game now days...
Actually, I just remembered the troubles I had when I first started. I always thought I just got better at it but I have been thinking about this alot. Years ago, like 12-13 years ago I stopped buying fish from all the LFS and stuck with one LFS called Trilby. My QT fish mortality improved. You know why? Probably because all their fish go into a separate copper QT and are not available to the public until after a 2 week copper treatment. And he does not buy more fish until the QT is done and all the fish move to the for sale tanks. So he does not constantly get new stuff but the way he does it is better isn’t it? I am gonna go visit him today, with the list of what I want for my next QT.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am redoing the begining of my thread again to make it easier for me to find my stocking wish list. Just seeing the picture brought back so many memories. I can smell this rock right now.
61408A26-D42C-4CA5-A44A-F857C440A155.jpeg

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am redoing the begining of my thread again to make it easier for me to find my stocking wish list. Just seeing the picture brought back so many memories. I can smell this rock right now.
61408A26-D42C-4CA5-A44A-F857C440A155.jpeg

Interesting plan for your scape! Did you ever have issues with the crow bar mixing with salt water?

J/k.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen pics of that horrible algae you had issues with- is that it?

Also- just checking I wasn’t the loser on the blocked list.

Been following but not commenting much. Wife’s promotion has her working more, therefore me solo SAHDadding more, and this ‘double-tap’ flu season just kicked our butt.

Baby has flu and momma is in Paris all of next week. I got up at 5am literally so I could have a hot cup of coffee and catch up with you guys, but girl 1 heard the dog run around so now she’s curled up in the couch watching tv. She isn’t feeling too great either.

I’m so very very glad your health is improving daily, and you are making progress on your happy slice of the ocean.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My QT adventures continue...
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/lamarcks-angel.587057/
Thank you @Brew12 for your continued advice. The QT process is a whole new ball game now days...
Actually, I just remembered the troubles I had when I first started. I always thought I just got better at it but I have been thinking about this alot. Years ago, like 12-13 years ago I stopped buying fish from all the LFS and stuck with one LFS called Trilby. My QT fish mortality improved. You know why? Probably because all their fish go into a separate copper QT and are not available to the public until after a 2 week copper treatment. And he does not buy more fish until the QT is done and all the fish move to the for sale tanks. So he does not constantly get new stuff but the way he does it is better isn’t it? I am gonna go visit him today, with the list of what I want for my next QT.
The copper treatment as he is doing may be a very good thing. If he keeps copper at a high enough level this is exactly what I normally recommend. 10 days at therapeutic copper with a transfer to a clean system.
Lots of LFS have started keeping copper in their display systems which may not be a good thing. They don't keep it high enough to eradicate the parasites but it will reduce the numbers to keep the fish alive until sold. Unfortunately, this has the possibility of creating copper resistant versions of the parasites we are fighting.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@neilp2006
Interesting plan for your scape! Did you ever have issues with the crow bar mixing with salt water?
The crow bar worked out ok, but the elephant toiletpaper did not hold up well and the structure it was supporting fell.
J/k.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen pics of that horrible algae you had issues with- is that it?
Whispers softly neomeris annulta

Also- just checking I wasn’t the loser on the blocked list.
I shall not publically name the ah.

Been following but not commenting much. Wife’s promotion has her working more, therefore me solo SAHDadding more, and this ‘double-tap’ flu season just kicked our ***.

That is terrible about sick babies. That is such a tough time in life.
We were spared this flu season and I am so thankful. I cannot imagine what having an illness with a terrible cough while recovering would have been like...I cannot imagine.

Baby has flu and momma is in Paris all of next week. I got up at 5am literally so I could have a hot cup of coffee and catch up with you guys, but girl 1 heard the dog run around so now she’s curled up in the couch watching tv. She isn’t feeling too great either.

I’m so very very glad your health is improving daily, and you are making progress on your happy slice of the ocean.
Thank you! I feel great! And it is wonderful to be able to be stocking my aquarium again.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The copper treatment as he is doing may be a very good thing. If he keeps copper at a high enough level this is exactly what I normally recommend. 10 days at therapeutic copper with a transfer to a clean system.
Lots of LFS have started keeping copper in their display systems which may not be a good thing. They don't keep it high enough to eradicate the parasites but it will reduce the numbers to keep the fish alive until sold. Unfortunately, this has the possibility of creating copper resistant versions of the parasites we are fighting.
Yes, this is certainly true, and worrisome.
The LFS keeps the copper therapeutic. He does not keep any copper in his store tanks.
He also says he is not experiencing more losses than he has in the past.

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will not quote that picture... but man that brought back memories of when i first found your thread... *shakes audibly*

Hope all is well :D
LOL! That is funny! I could seriously smell the rock! My 16 year old was like "oh, I forgot how that smelled weird!"

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have gots some sandbed uglies!
IMG_4162.JPG
Looks more like diatoms. Either way, don't fear!

What do you have in the way of sand sifters/dwellers in your CuC right now?

OP
OP
Victoria M

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a more precise nitrate test and I am going to start keeping track of nitrate and dose it. The zero is bad and I think it means this could be dinos. I certainly have a recipe for it with the acid washed and bleached rock, and 0 nitrates.
Also cheato has stopped growing.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back