OP
sfin52

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In 25 years of keeping clowns I’ve never seen that! Is it possible sure anything is. I almost wonder if you have a viscous tank hitchhiker that you haven’t seen yet. Heck I had a polyclad flatworm the size of a baseball that eat all my clams and snails over a year before I saw it. There’s others on here that haven’t added anything in years and found a Bobbit worm.
Suggestions of a hitchhiker? Ive looked never seen anything but its possible.

erk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rocks havnt moved all good this after noon. A power head would have pulled it through beating the fish up. This was a clean cut like a razor blade.

Could a powerhead have shutoff briefly and the damsel swam into it for shelter? This happens to blennies during water changes or so I've read.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a wide mouth. Like a Goby to me. Andrew's is absolutely capable of that.
Thats possible but do they have teeth to make a clean cut. Reminds me Jeremy Wade catching bull sharks in south Africa.

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Suggestions of a hitchhiker? Ive looked never seen anything but its possible.
Use a red led flashlight, give it about a hour after your lights are totally off and the tank is dark, slowly look over every inch of you substrate then your rock work. Most critters will be out and about with lights off and your fish will be in there sleeping spots.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could a powerhead have shutoff briefly and the damsel swam into it for shelter? This happens to blennies during water changes or so I've read.
My power heads are always on. Not timed. Its possible but the wound is curved like a mouth.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seriously? That's insane. Looking at them you wouldn't peg them hunting other fish around...
I think they are more territorial than true hunters. That's how ours is. I will say the blue velvet damsel won't even tangle with her though.

OP
OP
sfin52

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heather stated she seen a bulge in the belly of the beast a couple of hours ago. I was going to check for parasites. Than I saw this guy and forgot about the beast. And I woudnt think he was a fish killer

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 149 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back