ViparSpectra Par Question.

Djmac

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazon. I'm not sure it is currently available.
I messaged the Australian viparspectra store and was told they are no longer making them. I have two v165 on a second hand tank and on one of them the white channel isn’t dimming properly.

I was looking at the popbloom RS90 but not sure if it’s a downgrade.

eBay reply:
Hello Dave,

Thanks for showing interested in our items.

We are so sorry that V165 has stopped production. And we won't have new stock in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience have caused.

If you have any problem, please feel free to let us know. we are always here for you.

Have a great day!
Sincerely,
Joanna
VIPARSPECTRA Customer Service

OP
OP
A

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I messaged the Australian viparspectra store and was told they are no longer making them. I have two v165 on a second hand tank and on one of them the white channel isn’t dimming properly.

I was looking at the popbloom RS90 but not sure if it’s a downgrade.

eBay reply:
Hello Dave,

Thanks for showing interested in our items.

We are so sorry that V165 has stopped production. And we won't have new stock in the future. Sorry for the inconvenience have caused.

If you have any problem, please feel free to let us know. we are always here for you.

Have a great day!
Sincerely,
Joanna
VIPARSPECTRA Customer Service
Sad looks like there aren't any 300 w lights on the market anymore

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With measure PAR, my Viparspectra 165w set at blue 30 and white 5 run 300 at the surface, 14 inches.
Easy 850-1000 at 100%, but the lid may refract that Down.

OP
OP
A

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sorry, thought that was what you were looking for since 300's aren't made anymore.

Yeah I'm trying to find a 300w black box light similar to Viparspectra since they dont make theirs anymore. Seems like no one has a 300w light anymore.

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, would anyone that knows what par these run at be able to give me a ballpark estimate for my setup? I have 4 running at 100% white/blue about 6" over my tank. I have 1/8" lids and tank is ~19" deep. Also, lenses are removed. Can anyone estimate what the par would be at the bottom of my tank vs. the top? Thank you.
Way too much. My tank is 24” deep, has lids and the lights are 10” away from the water surface. I’m growing acropora nicely in the middle of the tank at 40% white & 50% blue for nine hours. I’m running three lights on a 187g.

OP
OP
A

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Way too much. My tank is 24” deep, has lids and the lights are 10” away from the water surface. I’m growing acropora nicely in the middle of the tank at 40% white & 50% blue for nine hours. I’m running three lights on a 187g.
You probably have thinner lids than mine.

Spicy Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, would anyone that knows what par these run at be able to give me a ballpark estimate for my setup? I have 4 running at 100% white/blue about 6" over my tank. I have 1/8" lids and tank is ~19" deep. Also, lenses are removed. Can anyone estimate what the par would be at the bottom of my tank vs. the top? Thank you.
I took some measurements outside of water. Water will impede light differently depending on its clarity in our tanks...

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 112 77.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back