Vivid Aquarium Confetti Acro

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snapped a shot tonight with the actinics ramping down. Definitely 100% blue, so the colors really pop here
c1f6b45dc57582ef373fd1c58beafeac.png

cFloor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped by Vivid for the first time last week. Store was amazing, they had so many crazy corals. The confetti colony is very cool and unique. I haven't seen a coral quite like it. Had to grab a frag.

JustSomeGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a kh swing recently but the confetti is still doing good. Has started laying it's base on the plug. Oranges are not showing just yet but it is showing good promise

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing too exciting right now. I moved it from my frag tank under LEDs to my DT under T5s. Here's a shot under full lighting (non-actinic). I've always noticed anything coming from LEDs to T5 looks pale for a few weeks and then colors up.

I wanted to grow it out a bit in the frag tank first before moving it over but it started to encrust on the frag rack and I thought that was a waste of growth so I moved it.
75f2a865f15d5578b574eede1fde00a8.jpg

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they look more pale the whole time under leds or is it fully colored up, pales under new t5 and then colors up?

Nothing too exciting right now. I moved it from my frag tank under LEDs to my DT under T5s. Here's a shot under full lighting (non-actinic). I've always noticed anything coming from LEDs to T5 looks pale for a few weeks and then colors up.

I wanted to grow it out a bit in the frag tank first before moving it over but it started to encrust on the frag rack and I thought that was a waste of growth so I moved it.
75f2a865f15d5578b574eede1fde00a8.jpg

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they look more pale the whole time under leds or is it fully colored up, pales under new t5 and then colors up?
It's fully colored up under LED. If anybody walked by and saw it, they'd be like, that's a good looking coral. But then when you move it from the LED to the T fives, the LEDs emphasized the color and made them look brighter and more colorful but under T5 it looks dull and plain. Once in a just to the T5 lighting, it will color up and look nice again visually and if I take that one and put it over under LED, it looks ridiculous until it adjusts to the LED lighting.

cFloor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's fully colored up under LED. If anybody walked by and saw it, they'd be like, that's a good looking coral. But then when you move it from the LED to the T fives, the LEDs emphasized the color and made them look brighter and more colorful but under T5 it looks dull and plain. Once in a just to the T5 lighting, it will color up and look nice again visually and if I take that one and put it over under LED, it looks ridiculous until it adjusts to the LED lighting.
What type of LEDs do you have over your frag tank?

mega

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently had a tank crash on mine super hardy coral still full color pe and thriving!!!

mpsteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you guys get green in yours. I can’t get any green all pink and purple. New growth is purple. My polyps are white or clear I should say. Can’t get the green polyps same goes for my aqua sd milli

BlennyKravitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1B590857-1D6B-4783-BB10-00EFCAC1E676.jpeg

Updated shot of mine. By comparison, the green is more “vivid” than in the Disney in front and the pink more intense than the AquaSD Rainbow to the left. It’s been encrusting for a few months and just starting to throw up a bunch of little nubs and I’m finally seeing polyps. Promises to be a real stunner. It’s my daughter’s favorite acro!

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you guys get green in yours. I can’t get any green all pink and purple. New growth is purple. My polyps are white or clear I should say. Can’t get the green polyps same goes for my aqua sd milli

Sounds like yours is getting too much light. The green comes out in lower light areas.

BlennyKravitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaSD should have green growth encrusting. Yellow on top fading to orange to pink down to green. Best looking millie in my tank.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back