Vivid Aquarium Confetti Acro

Discussion in 'General SPS Discussion' started by FarmerTy, Aug 11, 2017.

1. mtraylor

mtraylor Well-Known Member

That's a gorgeous acro. I will have to wait till after the juice dies down on it and its between 50 and 100 bucks before I can get one. Congrats.

2. bubbaque

bubbaque Well-Known Member

I received my confetti this morning. I tried to take a pic but I have no idea how to take pics, I will read some of the photography threads to try and learn and try again later today. I would say the color is no where near as bright as the pics I posted on the previous page and is more in line with the photos in post #117.

FarmerTy likes this.
  3. FarmerTy

FarmerTy Well-Known Member

Still stunning to me. People will say it browned during shipping but that's just an old wives tale to me. That's just clever light placement and photography.

I'm sure they'll grow out to be beautiful colonies though as my buddy saw the mother in person and says its awesome.

bubbaque likes this.
  4. bubbaque

My wife doesn't really care my tank at all but when she seen the confetti this morning she said "ooh, that's a pretty pink". I look forward to seeing how it grows out.

FarmerTy likes this.
  5. gig 'em

gig 'em Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

I still think mine was pretty ugly beige when it arrived and looks a lot better now than it did before. The colony in person was stunning enough to drop $400, and I'm usually pretty cheap when it comes to purchases. The high light definitely keeps the tips a neon pink and the green at bay. I may move the colony lower in the future when it's big enough to move to coerce more colors out of it.

bubbaque likes this.
  6. bubbaque

I mounted mine pretty low in the tank, probably 5 inches off the sand bed in a 24" deep tank. I was hoping to keep some of the green like the pic of the mother colony.

7. gig 'em

gig 'em Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

Nice! I'm curious to see how yours reacts to those conditions as a good case study. I wonder if some of the mother colony color gradients also just has to do with the size and age of the branches. You can definitely see more color transitions in the larger branches, but a lot of that is lost on 1" frags.

8. mpsteve

mpsteve Well-Known Member

Double post

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  9. bubbaque

I took a pic and again I am horrible at it. I took it with the flash on so I tried to turn the brightness down and adjust for temperature. I believe this looks pretty close to what I received, maybe in person has a little more pink to it.

Edit: after looking at it on my phone, it has a lot more pink to it in person. Flash probably washed the pink out.

Confetti pic 1.jpg

Robink, Braves Fan and FarmerTy like this.
  10. mpsteve

mpsteve Well-Known Member

Keep the pictures coming

11. FarmerTy

Encrusting super fast now and the pink is starting to be more noticeable now that its starting to adjust to T5s.
    [​IMG]

Robink and bubbaque like this.
  12. bubbaque

You are fully off the plug! I'm curious what new branches will look like.

Braves Fan likes this.
  13. FarmerTy

They are super pink so far, at least the little nubs that are starting to sprout at the base. Gig'ems frag looked like this and then exploded the last couple weeks and almost doubled. I'm hoping the same.

14. watchguy123

watchguy123 Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Photo of the Month Award

Here are some metal halide pictures. I think there had been some interest in "whiter" lights. My original frag came as two branches, although small. They broke apart so I placed them next to each other anyway. Because these are metal halide photos, there is virtually no flourescence as compared to what you would see with blue leds. You can see some green on the body but otherwise very bright and pretty pink. Mine are up high. If you are curious, I temperature corrected the photos to 20k in lightroom to match my metal halides and then I adjusted exposure. There is some difference between the two photos because on the second photo, I was literally on top of it and blocked a great deal of light. These are top down pictures. Since very few tanks are lit by metal halides, if you have t5's or leds, your frags should pop much more than what these metal halide lit photos demonstrate. Perhaps I should put in a disclaimer, Vivid's is my LFS. However, I get my acros the traditional way, I pay for them.

I will try to get around to taking some blue led pictures so the difference in lighting can be appreciated. My frags are small so not a lot to see, but they do fluoresce beautifully under blue leds.

Metal halide lit photos of Vivid's Confetti:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  15. bubbaque

@watchguy123 beautiful photos! Could I bother you to take a photo like the first one but where I can see the base also? :D I notice my base is a purpleish color. How is yours? In the pic I took I washed the colors out with the flash because I have zero idea how to take pics. The pink I was trying to show looks like yours does.

16. dodgerblew

dodgerblew Well-Known Member SCMAS Member

I have the TCK Rainbow Explosion, I was a recipient of the initial release several months ago. It looked like an acro turd when I got it but now it looks pretty similar to this one

17. bubbaque

I received the TCK rainbow explosion as a freebie from them but it rtn after having it for 24 hrs. Now I'm curious what it would of looked like. Do you have a pic of yours?

18. dodgerblew

Only camera I have is on an iPad and my iPhone and pics look terrible and doesn't show colors. It's looks very similar in color to Mark's Confetti

19. bubbaque

Any updated pics comparing the two frags?

20. dodgerblew

My rainbow explosion looks like the above rainbow explosion.

Draft saved Draft deleted