Vivid Aquarium Confetti Acro

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a gorgeous acro. I will have to wait till after the juice dies down on it and its between 50 and 100 bucks before I can get one. Congrats.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my confetti this morning. I tried to take a pic but I have no idea how to take pics, I will read some of the photography threads to try and learn and try again later today. I would say the color is no where near as bright as the pics I posted on the previous page and is more in line with the photos in post #117.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my confetti this morning. I tried to take a pic but I have no idea how to take pics, I will read some of the photography threads to try and learn and try again later today. I would say the color is no where near as bright as the pics I posted on the previous page and is more in line with the photos in post #117.
Still stunning to me. People will say it browned during shipping but that's just an old wives tale to me. That's just clever light placement and photography.

I'm sure they'll grow out to be beautiful colonies though as my buddy saw the mother in person and says its awesome.

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife doesn't really care my tank at all but when she seen the confetti this morning she said "ooh, that's a pretty pink". I look forward to seeing how it grows out.

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still stunning to me. People will say it browned during shipping but that's just an old wives tale to me. That's just clever light placement and photography.

I'm sure they'll grow out to be beautiful colonies though as my buddy saw the mother in person and says its awesome.

I still think mine was pretty ugly beige when it arrived and looks a lot better now than it did before. The colony in person was stunning enough to drop $400, and I'm usually pretty cheap when it comes to purchases. The high light definitely keeps the tips a neon pink and the green at bay. I may move the colony lower in the future when it's big enough to move to coerce more colors out of it.

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still think mine was pretty ugly beige when it arrived and looks a lot better now than it did before. The colony in person was stunning enough to drop $400, and I'm usually pretty cheap when it comes to purchases. The high light definitely keeps the tips a neon pink and the green at bay. I may move the colony lower in the future when it's big enough to move to coerce more colors out of it.

I mounted mine pretty low in the tank, probably 5 inches off the sand bed in a 24" deep tank. I was hoping to keep some of the green like the pic of the mother colony.

gig 'em

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mounted mine pretty low in the tank, probably 5 inches off the sand bed in a 24" deep tank. I was hoping to keep some of the green like the pic of the mother colony.

Nice! I'm curious to see how yours reacts to those conditions as a good case study. I wonder if some of the mother colony color gradients also just has to do with the size and age of the branches. You can definitely see more color transitions in the larger branches, but a lot of that is lost on 1" frags.

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a pic and again I am horrible at it. I took it with the flash on so I tried to turn the brightness down and adjust for temperature. I believe this looks pretty close to what I received, maybe in person has a little more pink to it.

Edit: after looking at it on my phone, it has a lot more pink to it in person. Flash probably washed the pink out.

Confetti pic 1.jpg

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are fully off the plug! I'm curious what new branches will look like.
They are super pink so far, at least the little nubs that are starting to sprout at the base. Gig'ems frag looked like this and then exploded the last couple weeks and almost doubled. I'm hoping the same.

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some metal halide pictures. I think there had been some interest in "whiter" lights. My original frag came as two branches, although small. They broke apart so I placed them next to each other anyway. Because these are metal halide photos, there is virtually no flourescence as compared to what you would see with blue leds. You can see some green on the body but otherwise very bright and pretty pink. Mine are up high. If you are curious, I temperature corrected the photos to 20k in lightroom to match my metal halides and then I adjusted exposure. There is some difference between the two photos because on the second photo, I was literally on top of it and blocked a great deal of light. These are top down pictures. Since very few tanks are lit by metal halides, if you have t5's or leds, your frags should pop much more than what these metal halide lit photos demonstrate. Perhaps I should put in a disclaimer, Vivid's is my LFS. However, I get my acros the traditional way, I pay for them.

I will try to get around to taking some blue led pictures so the difference in lighting can be appreciated. My frags are small so not a lot to see, but they do fluoresce beautifully under blue leds.

Metal halide lit photos of Vivid's Confetti:

Last edited:

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@watchguy123 beautiful photos! Could I bother you to take a photo like the first one but where I can see the base also? :D I notice my base is a purpleish color. How is yours? In the pic I took I washed the colors out with the flash because I have zero idea how to take pics. The pink I was trying to show looks like yours does.

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some metal halide pictures. I think there had been some interest in "whiter" lights. My original frag came as two branches, although small. They broke apart so I placed them next to each other anyway. Because these are metal halide photos, there is virtually no flourescence as compared to what you would see with blue leds. You can see some green on the body but otherwise very bright and pretty pink. Mine are up high. If you are curious, I temperature corrected the photos to 20k in lightroom to match my metal halides and then I adjusted exposure. There is some difference between the two photos because on the second photo, I was literally on top of it and blocked a great deal of light. These are top down pictures. Since very few tanks are lit by metal halides, if you have t5's or leds, your frags should pop much more than what these metal halide lit photos demonstrate. Perhaps I should put in a disclaimer, Vivid's is my LFS. However, I get my acros the traditional way, I pay for them.

I will try to get around to taking some blue led pictures so the difference in lighting can be appreciated. My frags are small so not a lot to see, but they do fluoresce beautifully under blue leds.

Metal halide lit photos of Vivid's Confetti:

I have the TCK Rainbow Explosion, I was a recipient of the initial release several months ago. It looked like an acro turd when I got it but now it looks pretty similar to this one

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the TCK Rainbow Explosion, I was a recipient of the initial release several months ago. It looked like an acro turd when I got it but now it looks pretty similar to this one

I received the TCK rainbow explosion as a freebie from them but it rtn after having it for 24 hrs. Now I'm curious what it would of looked like. Do you have a pic of yours?

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only camera I have is on an iPad and my iPhone and pics look terrible and doesn't show colors. It's looks very similar in color to Mark's Confetti

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updated pics comparing the two frags?

My Update:

Rainbow Explosion: Has started to gain color back with pink in the tips and the base body is starting to look more like my confetti.
r72ZKAqLde6hgojR5f3Y4zWjEqXC5aAH1hGJ9U2ZMa8iFhTlgI-8J7gr0pte0MMiDQUzeJTq8qbTNL2cAYF4kLRQjKb6wF_TjYB3lPmdUP1B1o3-s-r80koKiuACQ_YEusBdWBc0-I5P5uWgk-8imaqGHiuvD3siXir2-CvyMtqZM_qNVJy-CZDAvs1HDfKRxGWjNPYOoJGFL-_8Dv6PP9youbPBgbZfbhZEzg5XUFOEDhjRTP9VdyEupSgLP7lqDzXD-Y3npdZaRbbtUZm_6_IX8ZQ76GkwbrdMju2OjBTz9jZXk54EBlCFkqO4ns4T5SQvv5OfY3DSOS3SyLQDpPl4e_b7qrZkZfxDoZBD8MoLBmLQvpeG-So6-XOzVMM-Wk6doxC5AstFi6aALqDBpsfThHbJNx9z_YSwyPHHTZZtcNzcDlmN7DrV0GLsUQ_wdZqV8eH1szVu8lwCEI9SMu3L5CR9fOn0DGhu5B30NFqehkT8ARYFeCwIH-JxOq_HTIvfqLuPLlvlnDOMz6jkRhsMIXxwZuDOlrm3CYUdEOPi98bWtIVZN30s94zir4KpA2Wl8HTDlpX8DaNvpbwkv254hp5AfvbPWR3EFRcB-H4=w1520-h1674-no

Vivid Confetti: Maintaining the color I got directly from Vivid. Has continued to build its base.
UKFJfEutlP7c_3UqJuJWTJQV5e_km6J3eOAJ91BVAFJf6EZF8HWH91bwobZOWyvOrDPHL2Q_0UB289XptXzgMNUqEK2XsIASfWB0wZYLD7zTxkIHrjzjN-NOz3wb4Gb6530H3o0gHbzqUzLC12HiSdTAwv9yoO6s5ntq-DoXaZWKYT-bY6Dsqxjc-jNQ5FfBaA7n12909el4wD2678V7zZckNAmYeddk-L2K4CLaqc9UAraHxiOPsc_rtuI6ddrlPcrxh2EbqFotCOR4JfzbtnJvQas7KW5DkVFauzXcUoipxaR6sA9FxwAidlAfNRKNl0tYGb64_lNn67hqf9SyifZwvChlMRACvpckqch98VDO4kpmjFLkB1vm6TdOVhp_JSRxY_evWhAKCbeRm1ttt0a--1OJXU5b6-HhpeQ2GlgPqHQrEp_F8zrrUTLnrfNs1iHAWFo6GGV6xyheq3I8jrd0-eB_UzcKxDYsoyvWfWSnqh_4J_SagRn_QIPLWYWJ8XMxavurw0RkdOK91Rtmyg3wQ8J0vX8LPpd98tLe2tfPcHF6dWA0v6s91IHV8yZUGTknc0XdOuTlkHNPwAJs3PBUE0xq-Rkv1_lSnpOoQQg=s0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back