Vortech MP40

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my brand new mp40 set it up and the wet side keeps falling off. Doesn’t matter which spacer I use. If I use no spacer the thing just bounces on my glass and the wet still falls off. My glass thickness is between 1/4 and 1/2 so I don’t believe That’s the problem. See pic. The one with red arrom is showing where my glass ends I’m pretty sure. Waited a week to get it and this happens. My cheap little hydor coralias never fell off, never had issues with my glass cleaner falling off either.

IMG_3919.jpeg IMG_3918.jpeg

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to calibrate them correctly or the wet side with slide and make awful sounds that your neighbor's 17 blocks down will not appreciate. Although it might intrigue your wife...Turn it all the way up to 100% on basic mode, and then attach the wet side. It will pop in place.

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to calibrate them correctly or the wet side with slide and make awful sounds that your neighbor's 17 blocks down will not appreciate. Although it might intrigue your wife...
It doesn’t stay on at all, it’s not that it slides it or moves and stays in the general area of where I have it, it falls to the bottom .

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn’t stay on at all, it’s not that it slides it or moves and stays in the general area of where I have it, it falls to the bottom .
That's super weird. Never seen that before. Glass is definitely thin enough, those spacers are pretty good.

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it hold the wet side without the glass in between?
Yes it does and yeah I set it up and within 5 minutes the wet side was at bottom of my tank while the dry side was still 3/4 of the way up.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happened with mine too. I did the opposite. Set them on the glass with all power off. This lets the magnets “match up”. Then after 5-10 minutes. Slowly turn them on and increase speed. If it persists, repeat the steps. Do not let it fall to the floor. Good luck

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't have slip-ups, but I kept getting knocked off, but I have 1/4 inch acrylic so maybe that allowed for it to say on without falling off.

Try Tzabor's method first.

Manu's directions:
Plug the power supply into the driver. If the pump is notalready in Constant Speed Mode, press the MODE buttonuntil the control dial is green.• If there is vibration or excessive noise, carefully adjust thepropeller housing (wet side) by moving it very slightly left,right, up or down until the noise/vibration is eliminatedor minimized (Figure G).• Rotate the control dial clockwiseand set it to the maximum speed,indicated by the blue LEDs.• Press the MODE button to selectthe mode of your choice andthen turn the control dial to thedesired flow rate.

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happened with mine too. I did the opposite. Set them on the glass with all power off. This lets the magnets “match up”. Then after 5-10 minutes. Slowly turn them on and increase speed. If it persists, repeat the steps. Do not let it fall to the floor. Good luck
I’ll try tomorrow don’t feel like messing with it again tonight, thank you for the suggestion. Will try after work tomorrow and let you know how it went.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The glass thickness definitely isn’t the issue. I had 2 on an old tank with 1/2 inch glass and it held no problem. If after cutting off and back on it still falls. Contact support.

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do thanks everyone. I didn’t think the glass was an issue as it looks like it’s under 1/2.

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I will add is when I push the dry side where the sticker logo is I hear a pop like it’s trying to suction?

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really think it's the issue of calibrating it correctly. Sometimes they just don't want to cooperate. It took me about 2 hours to get it to sit the way it was supposed to.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really think it's the issue of calibrating it correctly. Sometimes they just don't want to cooperate. It took me about 2 hours to get it to sit the way it was supposed to.
I never had to calibrate mine. Just put them in and cut on. Not saying you are wrong, I just never had to do this.

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeez, ok thanks. It’s crazy $60 cheap butt Hydor gave me no issues ever I finally drop. Sone money and step up to a good one and this. Haha

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had to calibrate mine. Just put them in and cut on. Not saying you are wrong, I just never had to do this.
I didn't have to do it with the first set I had, but these never ones both struggled to say on. I couldn't get to line up correctly.

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeez, ok thanks. It’s crazy $60 cheap butt Hydor gave me no issues ever I finally drop. Sone money and step up to a good one and this. Haha
I felt the same exact way. Why did I just spend $900 for crap that can't stay on without shaking the entire house.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%

Back