OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got off the phone with the company I bought it from he took his 40 apart and the ceramic pice did not move up and down the metal rod it’s on, I sent him the pic of mine showing the metal tip not sticking through he’s calling where he gets them from now. Good spot sister.

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so received the new wet side, they only sent me the piece that has the ceramic piece. I pulled it apart prior to putting in the water and the ceramic piece did not pull off like the first one. I put the wet piece on and it was noisy like the first one I let it go through the day just got home from work and it’s noisy, took the wet apart and the ceramic piece has broken off again, so now I’m wondering if the dry side is breaking the ceramic piece.

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean there isn’t much too it or shouldn’t be, dry side is on glass, I put the wet side up against the dry. Not sure how what I’m doing would cause the ceramic pice to break off twice

Mr. Roboto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean there isn’t much too it or shouldn’t be, dry side is on glass, I put the wet side up against the dry. Not sure how what I’m doing would cause the ceramic pice to break off twice

This sounds exactly like not aligning the wet side and the dry side correctly. There is more to these pumps than simply "put the wet side up against the dry"

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sounds exactly like not aligning the wet side and the dry side correctly. There is more to these pumps than simply "put the wet side up against the dry"
ok so how do you property align it, and how does not properly aligning it break the ceramic piece, I mean you put the wet up against the dry, turn unit on and spin slowly until noise stops, we’ll my noise never stops them when I take apart to see the ceramic piece Si broken off, so please tell me what I’m doing wrong.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is true even a few millimeters off will cause them to separate and fall off

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so how do you property align it, and how does not properly aligning it break the ceramic piece, I mean you put the wet up against the dry, turn unit on and spin slowly until noise stops, we’ll my noise never stops them when I take apart to see the ceramic piece Si broken off, so please tell me what I’m doing wrong.
That's how I do it. I have speed set very low. Turn it on and feel for vibration or hear noise then make micro adjustments in the alignment. Do this after I remove them to clean glass. Dirty glass can affect also.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wet isn’t falling off the dry, it’s a 2nd wet that the ceramic piece is breaking off and is noisy the same thing happens to my first piece, the wet was attached to the dry since I put it on last night.
Is there vibration?

Gribbles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had similar problem with vibration when I first installed my MP40s not long ago. To fix it, I have to put the pump sides onto the glass while the pump is off. If I place the sides on the glass while the pump is operating - tons of vibration.

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not vibration it’s loud due to the ceramic piece being broken

OP
OP
K

kp33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These pumps also have to be set to the right thickness of glass.
I’m aware of that also I’m using the right spacer I’m using the thin one because my glass is under 1/2 but over 1/4 see pic the yellow is where my glass ends

Attachments

• IMG_3919.jpeg
    IMG_3919.jpeg
    71.5 KB · Views: 16

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back