Waiting list for Trident

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Would you sign up for a Trident waiting list?

• Yes

Votes: 76 61.3%
  • No

Votes: 48 38.7%

• Total voters

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't say they lied, they said it's scheduled for delivery tomorrow, not that it already shipped. Either way, it sucks you had to follow up, but props to them for making it right, if it wasn't shipped already they ate the costs to have it overnighted to you.

They invented a new process for ordering to make it more fair, surely there are going to be some issues they need to iron out.
Saying it had been shipped and it wasn't is a lie in my eyes.

Josh Kraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Unless they said in PM that it has been shipped, I don't see them saying it was shipped, just "I just replied to your PM. Let me get that tracking info for you. I know that your Trident is scheduled to be delivered to you tomorrow." and "You should have tracking in our PM conversation".

I got my call yesterday, and shipping info around 6PM CST last night. I didn't pay for upgraded shipping and it will arrive Thursday. Be thankful for their mistake, you got free upgraded shipping and get yours a day before me.

Hopefully you'll have time tomorrow to set it up with your new fish in quarantine!

Good luck.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless they said in PM that it has been shipped, I don't see them saying it was shipped, just "I just replied to your PM. Let me get that tracking info for you. I know that your Trident is scheduled to be delivered to you tomorrow." and "You should have tracking in our PM conversation".

I got my call yesterday, and shipping info around 6PM CST last night. I didn't pay for upgraded shipping and it will arrive Thursday. Be thankful for their mistake, you got free upgraded shipping and get yours a day before me.

Hopefully you'll have time tomorrow to set it up with your new fish in quarantine!

Good luck.

Thanks, not sure I'm keeping it. I'm pretty bitter and dont care to even set it up right now.

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t make some people happy. Finally get one and still complain. Wow. There may have been a shipping label created already but their UPS/Fedex pickup hadn’t occurred yet so there was no tracking info. Do you understand logistics?

U

User1

View Badges
Thanks, not sure I'm keeping it. I'm pretty bitter and dont care to even set it up right now.

Could be because he is stationed in Minot, ND :D

I was a nervious wreck when my orders came up pulling a rotation through SAC. First one came up they said how about the West Coast and I was like Yeah! Then they dropped Japan on me and I had to look at them and say West? Really? But I was happy. Next time it came up and they said how about East...ok, sure I said. Please not Minot...nope, this time USAFE. My buddy got the Minot card though - HA!

J/K. I mean come on Demonic - you at least got one. I'm still left out in the cold buddy!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

There is an old saying - in fact (I think) to biblical times... pride goeth before the fall..... Keep it- take some deep breaths. Unless you didnt really want it to begin with - but why cut it off now? I read a ton on the GHL - it also sounded interesting.... Let us know how the set-up goes:).... maybe a beer will help? or a shot of whiskey? or a bottle of whiskey????

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be because he is stationed in Minot, ND :D

I was a nervious wreck when my orders came up pulling a rotation through SAC. First one came up they said how about the West Coast and I was like Yeah! Then they dropped Japan on me and I had to look at them and say West? Really? But I was happy. Next time it came up and they said how about East...ok, sure I said. Please not Minot...nope, this time USAFE. My buddy got the Minot card though - HA!

J/K. I mean come on Demonic - you at least got one. I'm still left out in the cold buddy!
You guys are right. Just telling me the truth goes a long way with me. I hate, I mean HATE being lied to.

Minot isnt that bad once you've been here long enough. I mean I wouldnt choose it over just about anything else but I'm here now on my own choice. No longer active but I work for the government in the aviation industry. Not allowed mistakes my end, which is I'm sure why I dont take them too well

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is an old saying - in fact (I think) to biblical times... pride goeth before the fall..... Keep it- take some deep breaths. Unless you didnt really want it to begin with - but why cut it off now? I read a ton on the GHL - it also sounded interesting.... Let us know how the set-up goes:).... maybe a beer will help? or a shot of whiskey? or a bottle of whiskey????
Nah, I'm an Apex guy. Even used the ACII. I did once try the Reefkeeper series, back when they had the Elite models. They were ok, but nothing beats an Apex in my eyes.

I'm pretty loyal to brands or companies.

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t make some people happy. Finally get one and still complain. Wow. There may have been a shipping label created already but their UPS/Fedex pickup hadn’t occurred yet so there was no tracking info. Do you understand logistics?

Yes you can, just tell me the truth. They did fix it by overnighting it. But just tell me you forgot again from the beginning. Would I have gotten if I wouldnt have messaged them?

Ryanbrs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are right. Just telling me the truth goes a long way with me. I hate, I mean HATE being lied to.

Minot isnt that bad once you've been here long enough. I mean I wouldnt choose it over just about anything else but I'm here now on my own choice. No longer active but I work for the government in the aviation industry. Not allowed mistakes my end, which is I'm sure why I dont take them too well

If you could find a way to cut us a break I would consider it a personal gift :)

I assure you no one here is lying or deceiving you. Adam told you it would arrive tomorrow and that is the case.

I did share a sincere apology in your thread. While I wish we would have been able to fulfill your order last Wednesday we were able to overnight it today. In the end just a few days late, I hope you enjoy your new gear :)

Hi,

I took the family to Shedd this week and not in the office so I don't know the exact issue here but I can shed some light on elements. First, I apologize for the hassle. I had the same experience with Best Buy and an iPhone x when they came out. It is frustrating.

As to getting one in a timely fashion, I think Adam may have already solved that for you but for anyone else who might be in a similar situation we get a batch every week so we can get you one the following week and if speed is critical just let CS know and I am sure they will overnight it.

For everyone else, I believe the CS team has shifted to a white glove approach and calling people on the list to get them to reefers each week rather than this mad rush to jam their way through the cart. I know everyone every last person won't appreciate this approach but we have to pick the option that has the least frustration until Neptune ramps up production.

Sometimes it is helpful or interesting to know what causes this type of thing. First, the thousand people trying to buy a limited quantity at the exact same microsecond caused a race in the inventory software which sold a few more than we had. This is not something that has comes up often as the industry doesn't see many launches like the Trident. There is a ticket in to fix that. Second, it is worthwhile to note that any type of change to an order means the order gets moved from general processing to special order status where someone needs to read the comments when it is shipped. When you called to change to 2 day the order likely got pulled from the general orders and processed in a later batch. By then the other orders were filled and we ran out. Obviously not your fault but it might be worth noting because this is likely true at all kinds of different e-commerce sites.

Again sorry for the hassle. I think we all wish Neptune had adequate stock for the launch but that would have meant a later launch anyways and everyone would have had to wait even longer.

OP
OP
ibondy

ibondy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Ryanbrs - I really appreciate your response on this this thread, however let me share my concerns.
  1. I was the one who started thread and idea of waiting list for Trident
  2. I was a first response on Signup thread and likely one of the first to signup on the waiting list
  3. Many on this thread signed up way after me, based on their posts in this thread and already received Trident
  4. I am still waiting for a call from BRS and trying to keep my faith in the list and process
Do I need to make a lots of noise on this forum to get an opportunity to purchase Trident from BRS???
I encourage you, help me not completely lose my faith in BRS; and believe this is one time issue; as I am pretty close at this time.

Cheers,

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Ryanbrs - I really appreciate your response on this this thread, however let me share my concerns.
  1. I was the one who started thread and idea of waiting list for Trident
  2. I was a first response on Signup thread and likely one of the first to signup on the waiting list
  3. Many on this thread signed up way after me, based on their posts in this thread and already received Trident
  4. I am still waiting for a call from BRS and trying to keep my faith in the list and process
Do I need to make a lots of noise on this forum to get an opportunity to purchase Trident fro BRS???
I encourage you, help me not completely lose my faith in BRS; and believe this is one time issue; as I am pretty close at this time.

Cheers,

I wouldn't give on BRS (myself) - but I also put my name on the list within an hour or less of the link being posted - and have also not received a call - is there perhaps a glitch in the system (i.e. a mistake somewhere )?

EDIT - this was supposed to say I wouldn't 'GIVE UP' on BRS. Stupid phone:)

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
Well I am not sure how it works really. I know post #88 is the link going live on the 6th. Post #89 is me saying done after signing up on the 6th. :D

I would have figured a call by now since I know someone was within the same time and already received a call. We shall see what next week brings.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am not sure how it works really. I know post #88 is the link going live on the 6th. Post #89 is me saying done after signing up on the 6th. :D

I would have figured a call by now since I know someone was within the same time and already received a call. We shall see what next week brings.
I was right behind you signing up, curious if the list came here last? A member on Facebook stated they signed up about an hour after it went up on Facebook and got one last week.

A7FDE909-D00E-49BB-A99D-4693F270BA3E.png

OP
OP
ibondy

ibondy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was right behind you signing up, curious if the list came here last? A member on Facebook stated they signed up about an hour after it went up on Facebook and got one last week.

A7FDE909-D00E-49BB-A99D-4693F270BA3E.png
Man, good for you! This is my struggle with the validity of the list as I signed up about 3 minutes after it went up and still nothing, nada!

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, good for you! This is my struggle with the validity of the list as I signed up about 3 minutes after it went up and still nothing, nada!
I would like to know if the people that have been called by BRS have status or history with BRS. I feel like they are taking care of premium “preferred customers” first. To be honest, I’m ok with that. But, they marketed the list as first come first serve. The fact that I can’t call in and get my “spot” or “position” on the list leads me to believe it’s a fake list that they are utilizing to service the people they want to first.

ddrueckh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the idea of the waiting list but BRS gave no prior notification to customers. I wish they would have emailed “all” their customers saying that there would be a list and when it would go live...days before adding the link. They only posted on this forum which I feel was unfair. I didn’t know there was a list until the next day. I have a Trident in my cart and receive emails all the time telling me I forgot something and should check out ;Blackeye

OP
OP
ibondy

ibondy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know if the people that have been called by BRS have status or history with BRS. I feel like they are taking care of premium “preferred customers” first. To be honest, I’m ok with that. But, they marketed the list as first come first serve. The fact that I can’t call in and get my “spot” or “position” on the list leads me to believe it’s a fake list that they are utilizing to service the people they want to first.

I seriously doubt that, I spent obscene amount of money with BRS over the last few years. If that was the case I would have Trident a long time ago. I thought, when they announced the list that it was a step in the right direction. Now, as there is a zero transparency from BRS and people which signed later than I did, by their own reporting, have their Trident and I do not. If I believe that no one at BRS is lying or deceiving as others suggested, what is left? Incompetence to get a list in correct order, something else, not sure which one is worst?
Funny think is that we should all be upset with Neptune Systems how they handled Trident over last 2 years, but somehow BRS managed to turn the Trident release into their own fiasco with lots of upset loyal customer?!?! I am one of them, but I am at the point that I still want Trident, but I am not sure I want to buy it from BRS.
As I said before, there is always a next week, but I will now add, maybe it is time to take my $$$ somewhere else.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty obvious that BRS is not offering Tridents to people in the exact order that they're on the new list.
They're picking and choosing who to distribute them to. This is disappointing but not surprising.
If I had to guess, this is what I think is happening.
They've had the regular waiting list for months. Thousands of names.
Suddenly, due to the shortage and complaints, they offer this supposedly sequential signup list.
But they only offer it here and there. They don't notify everyone at once.
So now, lots of people are going to be royally annoyed; they feel that others have suddenly been moved to the front of the line.
It would seem mightily unfair to those who don't happen to keep a constant eye on R2R Trident threads.
Why should R2R members be given any advantage at all? Really makes little sense.
I bet many of those people have called and complained aggressively.
So, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
At this point, I doubt BRS will want to try any more 'solutions' that will please some people and anger others.
And frankly, just from some of the outrageously juvenile whiney posts I've seen on threads here, I don't blame them.

Last edited:
Back