Waiting list for Trident

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Would you sign up for a Trident waiting list?

• Yes

Votes: 76 61.3%
  • No

Votes: 48 38.7%

• Total voters

BigRich

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply Why don't you guys just close this thread? It has become a weekly complaint thread for ppl who haven't received a trident. All the relevant information has been provided by you; link to sign up for list, about how often you get new shipments(weekly), when calls usually go out (Tuesday from MN area code) and even how you created the list. This thread isn't going anywhere besides complaining, because of ppl thinking if they keep complaining somehow magically, they will get a trident sooner than the order of the list you have. I truly see no purpose of it being open to posts anymore, it was meant to be just a sign up link and it's done that.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bulk Reef Supply Why don't you guys just close this thread? It has become a weekly complaint thread for ppl who haven't received a trident. All the relevant information has been provided by you; link to sign up for list, about how often you get new shipments(weekly), when calls usually go out (Tuesday from MN area code) and even how you created the list. This thread isn't going anywhere besides complaining, because of ppl thinking if they keep complaining somehow magically, they will get a trident sooner than the order of the list you have. I truly see no purpose of it being open to posts anymore, it was meant to be just a sign up link and it's done that.

R2R has the control over if a thread is open/closed, not the individual sponsor. I do agree that we've answered each questions to the best of our ability. Your post is a great summary of what has been discussed here :)

U

User1

View Badges
The thread has sort of fallen off. However, it is still somewhat relevant. Anybody on the list, first day sign up, or even first hour, get a email or call yet?

So I signed up 10 minutes after the post here. My daughter a few days later if not weeks. I've not received a email. She received her email today. @Bulk Reef Supply - I like you guys and gals a lot. I love small business. The scenario that just played out for me though your stock price went down a little bit. It really is a head scratcher when this happens.

Daughter: Hey Dad - you still looking for a Trident.
Dad: Yeah, Why?
Daughter: Lol. I just received an email asking if I am interested...

True story - figured I'd share. Now what exactly my daughter is going to do with her said offer is beyond me and she is too old to ground dangit! Just kidding. She is in nursing school but an avid reefer.

Edit: To be fair maybe something was sent out, or they called, and it is in spam/junk. Although I did message a few weeks back and was told I'm still on the list. I just figured I'd edit to be fair since things do happen.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thread has sort of fallen off. However, it is still somewhat relevant. Anybody on the list, first day sign up, or even first hour, get a email or call yet?

So I signed up 10 minutes after the post here. My daughter a few days later if not weeks. I've not received a email. She received her email today. @Bulk Reef Supply - I like you guys and gals a lot. I love small business. The scenario that just played out for me though your stock price went down a little bit. It really is a head scratcher when this happens.

True story - figured I'd share. Now what exactly my daughter is going to do with her said offer is beyond me and she is too old to ground dangit! Just kidding. She is in nursing school but an avid reefer.

Edit: To be fair maybe something was sent out, or they called, and it is in spam/junk. Although I did message a few weeks back and was told I'm still on the list. I just figured I'd edit to be fair since things do happen.
I received an email a few weeks ago about getting a trident, I had signed up within the first 10 minutes, about a minute after you posted you signed up.

OP
OP
ibondy

ibondy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received an email a few weeks ago about getting a trident, I had signed up within the first 10 minutes, about a minute after you posted you signed up.
I signed up within a first minute and never received a call from BRS. I purchased my Trident from a competitor and will start spending my $$ there. I sent an email to BRS customer service describing my experience and they even claimed they called me months ago. Interestingly, they never claimed that when I checked with them on my list status. I validated with my phone bill and there was no call from them. :( I like videos and other community activities BRS does, but this experience leaves me with a very bad taste.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Still no email/call for me either. They confirmed I was on the list but that's it. I signed up around the same time you did. I already got a mindstream and don't need the trident anymore but it still irks me.

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in the market for a Trident and due to this cluster, I knew not to even bother trying to get it here. I got one from another vendor who notifies people in advance when they are receiving inventory and when their website will be updated. Although they sold out within 10 seconds, I was able to get one since I knew in advance and was ready. So instead of waiting months and/or constantly monitoring vendor websites, I was able to get one within a few days of wanting one.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I agree that they have been upfront - I will say, though - that I was one person that signed up immediately - called and confirmed that I was signed up - and got a call far later than what others who signed up later received their units (so much so that I cancelled my order). So - I'm not sure why you would care about this thread - because I think its a good way for @Bulk Reef Supply to gauge whether there are problems with the 'list'. (because there have been) - and perhaps there still are. If so - negative comments are just as valuable as positives to their business.

Maybe just a suggestion - if you don't like the thread - no one is forcing you to read it?

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

You know, I’m certain I’m gonna get back lash for this,
But hey at least I get points for honesty.

When it comes to automation, I’m sorry but what’s the point? Mean seriously, is it so one can (sorry not the word I want but drawing a blank), aka lazy? I do everything manual literally and it takes me maybe 20 minutes.

We all know if things in a tank are going to fail most of the time it’s tok late and bad things happen. Yes if people want to spend their money, more power to them. But again, those who don’t have it yet I’m sure are getting along just fine with out it. We all know this company (I don’t mean brs) does this on purpose to drive the price up. Another example from eBay is legos, the LEGO store is 9 months back ordered and some one on eBay has 20 going for 3 times as much. Just wait and buy it for the normal price. If your Justin Bieber and spend money lol then by all means. (Yes I’m mocking Justin Bieber).

I have seen so many countless threads were automation has failed and lovely tanks crash. It happens because we get complacent, which is fine unless life is involved. This is a hobby that takes time. It’s a hobby that has a high drop out rate, more expensive than golf (and I really suck at golf. Even when I’m forced to go (do tk work, I have Better luck picking the ball up and just throwing it). But doing it manually also helps one know their tank better. I’m sure this is a mixed argument so it is what it is.

I understand the op is frustrated and has a right to be, but sadly the company does this on purpose. It’s probably not even that much different than older proven ones. Not to mention, I have a nightmare of wires and power supplies and more cords than I need. Why do we want more?

Other than when I have had to move and move my tank I have only had a few issues. To be fair half were because I was dumb. I hope the op is able to resolve his issue, and I’m pretty sure even my lfs has a couple sitting on the shelves. He is mad because nobody will buy them because they cost so much. He is also mad that the price he must sell them for is the same price as online. From a small shop business I can see why, but that’s another topic.

But @Bulk Reef Supply sorry edit it had another user with your name and had it mixed up. Sorry hopefully I deleted it fast enough

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

When it comes to automation, I’m sorry but what’s the point? Mean seriously, is it so one can (sorry not the word I want but drawing a blank), aka lazy? I do everything manual literally and it takes me maybe 20 minutes.

We all know if things in a tank are going to fail most of the time it’s tok late and bad things happen. Yes if people want to spend their money, more power to them. But again, those who don’t have it yet I’m sure are getting along just fine with out it. We all know this company (I don’t mean brs) does this on purpose to drive the price up. Another example from eBay is legos, the LEGO store is 9 months back ordered and some one on eBay has 20 going for 3 times as much. Just wait and buy it for the normal price. If your Justin Bieber and spend money lol then by all means. (Yes I’m mocking Justin Bieber).

I have seen so many countless threads were automation has failed and lovely tanks crash. It happens because we get complacent, which is fine unless life is involved. This is a hobby that takes time. It’s a hobby that has a high drop out rate, more expensive than golf (and I really suck at golf. Even when I’m forced to go (do tk work, I have Better luck picking the ball up and just throwing it). But doing it manually also helps one know their tank better. I’m sure this is a mixed argument so it is what it is.

I understand the op is frustrated and has a right to be, but sadly the company does this on purpose. It’s probably not even that much different than older proven ones. Not to mention, I have a nightmare of wires and power supplies and more cords than I need. Why do we want more?

Other than when I have had to move and move my tank I have only had a few issues. To be fair half were because I was dumb. I hope the op is able to resolve his issue, and I’m pretty sure even my lfs has a couple sitting on the shelves. He is mad because nobody will buy them because they cost so much. He is also mad that the price he must sell them for is the same price as online. From a small shop business I can see why, but that’s another topic.

I dont believe the last paragraph is true - I believe they can sell for any price that is the same or higher than online - its just that most vendors cant make money if they sell for more than the price online - but when something is in high demand they can likely command a higher price. This is believe was the policy at Neptune before - I may be incorrect.

Otherwise I agree with your well thought out post:)

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont believe the last paragraph is true - I believe they can sell for any price that is the same or higher than online - its just that most vendors cant make money if they sell for more than the price online - but when something is in high demand they can likely command a higher price. This is believe was the policy at Neptune before - I may be incorrect.

Otherwise I agree with your well thought out post:)

Your correct I was editing it as you posted. I went to mention the actual member and because we were speaking about brs I accidentally thought it was their post. It was totally my fault I should have checked before I hit the post. Thought it was correct but didn’t catch my mistake fast enough.

Edit lol I’m striking out bad tonight, sorry at first I saw the brs and then realized oops wrong person about the negative thread and should be closed.
For clarification, the lfs would prefer to sell it cheaper than on line to bring in business and get a discount if they stock their product. It’s also the reason why they won’t stock Ecotech or hydra. But again I’m in Boise so we have two shops at the most, not counting wal mart etc.

U

User1

View Badges
Hello,

You won't catch any flack. At least you shouldn't We all speak freely here and it is another observation point. But to answer the comment about 'what is the point about automation'? It depends on the automation or what you are automating. Just because you can is I ask almost daily in my current job. As it applies to reef tanks though there are probably several reasons why two of which come to my mind and reasons. First - time saver and it gets done. Second - it is consistent in how it is done.

There are a couple threads in which case people are talking about the Mindstream and Trident and soon to be GHL product and the amount of tests they do in a date. Testing rate. Is there a thing called too much, too little, and what is really the right about of it. I agree on all fronts but here is what is important to me for the automation of tests. As I said above it saves me time and removes a task I do not care for much. I use the lowest number of tests per day so the frequency isn't a huge deal. Time save is now used for others things. And remember I said it gets done? Yeah, if I do not enjoy it then it gets delayed in getting done. Procrastinate etc. I'm just being honest.

Lastly since it is automated it is going to do it the same way repeatedly vs me doing it manually. I can do it one way, my daughter another, wife yet another and all results will be different. Close probably, but different. I believe BRS did a video on people doing manual tests.

Those two things are why I wanted a product to do this. Just answering the why automate part from my view.

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

+1, I signed up shortly after the post went live and nothing. Although, I am glad I didn’t get it. This allowed me to look at other options.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Everyone with a tank has a certain level of automation. I assume you have a heater with a thermostat, a light with some kind of timer, maybe even an ATO?

I have all of the above, a controller, an alk tester, and doser. Don't need most of it to enjoy the hobby, but like most hobbies, the gadgets are fun :) I like having objective measurements of things that are going on in my tank, some people prefer sticking to the eye test.

And I'm lazy, oh so very lazy :)

BayouReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not a BRS issue it is a manufacturer issue. This has been a problem for a long time and is the main reason I never considered it when setting up my tank.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is not a BRS issue it is a manufacturer issue. This has been a problem for a long time and is the main reason I never considered it when setting up my tank.
Curious - why would you say this - Is BRS not managing the 'list'? (PS I love BRS) - no complaints with BRS. The problem here is not the 'delay' its that people who signed up on the official list were not contacted in the order in which they were 'put on the list' (or am I missing something)

U

User1

View Badges

BRS manages the list.

We know there is a demand greater than the supply at the moment and we also know Neptune is working on this. The Mindstream folks are in a similar position. That is good news for both vendors. Bad news for us hobbyist though - sort of.

Anyway we are talking about the BRS list which is managed by them. They had no choice but to throw this together, ad-hoc, because again demand and their web portal inventory system. Several people had Tridents in their cart but lost them as they entered their payment information or other issues.

I do not know nor will say which internet source had the first ' enter email address for waiting list ' link but several of us responded to the R2R thread saying we signed up. Within 10 minutes some 30 minutes, etc. Still no call.

Others, like my daughter, singed up days if not weeks later and received a notification that their turn is up. Why wouldn't one question the list, order of list, and process let alone why one can't simply send in a email, asking for position, and make it a lower priority response for the day???

I fully understand the demand, the wonky inventory system, personal choice to save or not save CC information (security wise something I never do - then again part of my work), and rush to build the list. People are human.

I do not agree with the reason to query said list and find position. If it helps I am more than happy to show you in my case the list going live on this board and a few of us responding within minutes saying signed up. Here we are 4 months later with nothing.

Granted several already found their Trident so it is a moot point. So - it is sort of a big deal regardless of how we feel about BRS. Like I said - I like small business, I like what they do video wise, and I think I would probably have a beer or two with them. Just the list though is my issue because it is clearly mixed up and not in order of the requests coming in.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I fully understand the demand, the wonky inventory system, personal choice to save or not save CC information (security wise something I never do - then again part of my work), and rush to build the list. People are human.
Not to mention that BRS was hacked a couple years ago - and credit cards were (possibly) compromised. To their credit - they did immediately disclose it - and got into a program where credit monitoring etc was provided. The rest of your comments are spot on - I was also in the 'trident in the cart' position - by the time I entered my number it was gone - Thus I really supported the 'list' - and again signed up immediately. (also - I did get a call - but it was long after many others who had signed up after me got their trident) - thats the problem here I think

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back