walmart water wich one

ricordianut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all i was wondering if some one can help me i have a rodi unit that i am having issues with well its not a issue i have very hard well water and my rodi unit does not take it all out have talked to many reefers in CT and they have the same issue the recomended putting on a water softner to my house but i cant afford that right now so wich walmart water can i use i know some one has use this water before
thanks joe

green machine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you think about using the water from the water filters like glacier water. if you read the info it said its put through ro unit twice, as well as carbon filter and uv filter twice.

str8salt

OG SALT CREEP!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We use it here all of the time. The local culligan man has the accounts at out wal-mart and is a good freind of mine. Asked him about levels and he showed me his most recent tests. Good to go.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MOst places have a water machine so you can fill your own.....I have used it in the past with good results, I take my TDS meter though just to be safe....

tankerman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've used water from the wal-mart machine (culligan) or the windmill water stations with great success for a few years now. they're both ro water. $0.35 a gallon though. also, alot of purified drinking water is ro/di. just read the labels. and check it with tds!!!

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you must purchase water you best bet is to find a Water & Ice type store that is staffed. They always have a TDS or conductivity meter and I have found all of them to be more than happy to test the water in your presence.
If thats not an option and you need to buy prebottled water then use distilled. A large percentage of bottled drinking waters are RO but they add trace minerals back in to make it taste good. I shy away from un manned vending machines since there are no health regulations that govern them in most cases as you are at their mercy as far as quality unless you have a TDS meter of your own.

What problems are you having with your RO/DI? I have very hard water, 20-25 grains or more, a TDS of over 800 and high CO2 and my RO/DI works fine?
Hardness, sediment or TDS by themselves can be overcome with proper filter selection or possible a booster pump.

green machine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
azdesertrat, i have never heard of a store like that, what kinda price do they sell the water at?

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure about your part of the country but in the Southwest there are water vending stores all over the place, seems like every corner or strip mall has one in it. The cost is usually 25 cents a gallon and some run specials like Tuesdays are 20 cents, or senior days etc. Water & Ice is a brand name but there are probably 10 or 15 chains like it here.

AZDesertRat

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think Florida with its climate would be like around here with water stores all over the place.

Back