Warter Parameters help

Hawquatics718

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to see what's everyone's opinion is on how these look????

IMG_20211029_172340842.jpg

OP
OP
Hawquatics718

Hawquatics718

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• IMG_20211029_173309689_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211029_173309689_HDR.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20211029_173313985.jpg
    IMG_20211029_173313985.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20211029_173317408_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211029_173317408_HDR.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20211029_173329338_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211029_173329338_HDR.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 65

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can’t possibly imagine how well timed this thread is, the pics of that api above

that is a nice tank, nice. Well, this closes the debate on if api can mislead people on cycling dates. That’s a fully running reef

were those rocks wet when you installed them two months ago or dry

this post is going to wind up helping thousands of readers. It doesn’t seem that way now, but it’s the case because of where I’ll link it as an example read soon.

Blaxsun

I too thought that was a cycling tank on day two of a massive dose of ammonia. It’s an api misread. To the moon and back, and only pics of a happy reef saved the assessment. Shocking post.

Api on nitrite and ammonia didn’t report accurately:

ability for tank to sustain delicate marine life plus daily feedings and waste for weeks, no crash

all fish and coral indicate no burn

a seneye would read this as thousandths ppm nh3 even after tan conversion above, api ammonia is grossly off.

* has prime been dosed into this tank at any time

OP
OP
Hawquatics718

Hawquatics718

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can’t possibly imagine how well timed this thread is, the pics of that api above

that is a nice tank, nice. Well, this closes the debate on if api can mislead people on cycling dates. That’s a fully running reef

were those rocks wet when you installed them two months ago
Yes they were wet but there has deffintly been more Coraline algae growth and awesome that's what I wanted to here thank you very much

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your post encapsulates the continuing struggle we all face with non digital testing. had you dosed prime anytime recently

wet rocks skip cycled this tank, your cycle is actually quite older than two mos

that may be the single worst api misread I’ve ever seen, transposed alongside a darn nice skip cycle reef.

the specific reason I’ll never have my cycles test for nitrite is found in this thread. A huge amount of pushback is coming, this is a hot topic of the day lol, so I’m getting the correct eval in place before the disagreement shows up.

was prime ever dosed

another way api is setting back cycle assessment is by directly implying the core dates from a cycling chart aren’t right. We know using digital Hanna nitrite for example, that on month two of a skip cycle live rock transfer, it’s not possible to have 1 ppm free nitrite still. Those tests are about to be stated as valid, and that your cycle is stuck, but it’s not.

any number of days we track it with pics, it’ll look like a perfectly normal cycled reef — as it is.

every stalled cycle post on the internet is this conflict in testing only, biologically there’s no stall or all your animals would be dead weeks ago.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hawquatics718

Hawquatics718

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

were those rocks wet when you installed them two months ago or dry

this post is going to wind up helping thousands of readers. It doesn’t seem that way now, but it’s the case because of where I’ll link it as an example read soon.

Blaxsun

I too thought that was a cycling tank on day two of a massive dose of ammonia. It’s an api misread. To the moon and back, and only pics of a happy reef saved the assessment. Shocking post.

Api on nitrite and ammonia didn’t report accurately:

ability for tank to sustain delicate marine life plus daily feedings and waste for weeks, no crash

all fish and coral indicate no burn

a seneye would read this as thousandths ppm nh3 even after tan conversion above, api ammonia is grossly off.

* has prime been dosed into this tank at any time
No prime

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then that makes this thread solid solid good timing. We just hogtied the entire cycle and derided the number one test kit used to discern cycles in reefing. You’re linked on page one of a massive cycling thread, now we watch alternate opinions flow in and out to decide why api is bent on misleading humanity.

:)

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I even went back up to see if the freshwater compare card was used, there’s no reason for this kit malfeasance lol

My direct recommend is never run these kits again on this tank the cycle is permanently done and full and complete, and in place.

when you test for calcium and alk buy the best kits

what nitrite does isn’t a concern, it’s neutral in display tank reefing though a glaring misread of it is helpful social media fuel due to good timing.

ammonia is permanently set to thousandths ppm and only a direct large scale fish kill, left to degrade in the tank, could drive up ammonia. It’ll never ever creep up, so don’t test for it further on any kit.

that system is tiny bioload, large dilution, heavy surface area on coralline rock, it’s physically impossible for ammonia and nitrite to be what is shown above. Nitrate can be anything it wants to be we won’t know with this kit. But the first two params / not possible, this post sets me back in api trust another fifteen years. I thought for sure it had nine prime zips added in response to the ammonia that never went back down, or the nitrite. Most don’t have the self control to ride it out this long without hyper dosing reactively at least something.

Last edited:

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is 100% good for science to watch comparative troubleshoots

pls post same thread on reefcentral if you have a login there we want to watch here, we are friendly with all site links because that mode forwards science.

do thereeftank.com too if you are in the mood for cycle umpire calibration fun. Ultimate reefs.net or com too is a potential comparison place to get input.

do it just like you did, kits only no tank pics till asked. Let’s see who looks for skip cycle options and who looks for kit adulterants commonly used

to have more than one forum work this challenge is gold, it’s gold to help cycling science.

no other forum should see our assessment here, no taint their opinion let’s see how far the webbing of updated cycling science reaches out into the verse

Last edited:

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ps if this turns out to be a joke meaning 429 bait lol then that’s ok i have this on fifteen other examples too

its such good timing I’m minor doubting can be real, and timed this well. nano-reef.com is slower than us but they’ll get going soon

link here anywhere that test is being posted. It’s good for reefing.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seabass responded to your nano reef post be sure and let her know the details, try and hold off showing the pics till it’s requested

she’s on the clue trail though that’s awesome, anyone who sees that kit above will think this was day 2 of a white rock dry start cycle that’s what makes the test kit only lead in so good. then wham, the system pics hit lol

if you have a reefcentral ID that would be a perfect addition to post there as well

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

here’s another twin thread that belongs linked here.

Lesson learned for old school cycle umpires: in a fully running reef tank we don’t expect zero total ammonia, thats a misleading rule to have told the masses the last thirty years. If they know to expect low level ammonia to remain then there is less cycle concerns and more resolved reefing action, such as being able to focus on fish disease control preps.

MikeDesjean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

New member here and my first post on R2R. I found this thread via a different thread and I hope I’m in the right place to ask my cycling question!

I bought a Water Box 20g cube all in one tank from my LFS. It was set up the night of 1/23, so it has been cycling now for 6 1/2 full days. Using turbo start 900 and ghost feeding 1 time a day.

My fiancé and I were told that it should cycle 7 days or most likely less. I didn’t have an API test kit until Sunday in which I believe the ammonia spike had already taken place and nitrites were slowly rising.

so yesterday morning to now I have been getting the same consistent results on the api tests. which I will attach below with a pic of the tank.

I am wondering if my tank is actually cycled? I feel like I am getting similar reading to OP.

Hopefully someone can give some insight on to what my water is up too? If I am actually ready for fish or if we should hold off for a few more days?

Thanks!

Attachments

• BA0EAEE3-9FAB-4B0E-B7EF-F47B6C303E84.jpeg
    BA0EAEE3-9FAB-4B0E-B7EF-F47B6C303E84.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 32
  • D8190F01-A2C9-4DBE-8CD6-0AEEB4BAEF13.jpeg
    D8190F01-A2C9-4DBE-8CD6-0AEEB4BAEF13.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 40

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 146 60.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 66 27.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 85 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 66 27.4%
Back