Water + Electricity = Nope

  • Thread starter Thread starter Oscaror
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2014
Messages
3,651
Reaction score
4,600
Location
Ottawa, Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like whenever my dad leaves me and my mom alone with the aquarium for a few days, something out of our control has to go wrong. Water from a siphon tube on my stupid HOB overflow poured all over a power bar. I managed to save the aquarium but just a reminder to you all, if your electrical components are in a place where water can get to them, recall Murphy's Law. I was lucky I was home when this happened, can't imagine what would have gone wrong if I wasn't.
 
Time to change out that receptacle to a GFI if it is not already. I think are fist reaction is to run to the tank instead of running and flipping the breaker.
 
Time to change out that receptacle to a GFI if it is not already. I think are fist reaction is to run to the tank instead of running and flipping the breaker.
Yeah, didn't even cross my mind to run downstairs and flip the switch. The smoke was a pretty scary sight and the instinct is to run over and fix it, not away.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new