OP
OP
jramy123

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe since you’re running too much filtration on chamber 1 and 2 that it’s starving the last chamber. try adjusting that . i’m only using a filter cup from TheKrakenReef with floss and the bag of carbon on chamber 2
Was in bed lol but got up and went and turned flow all way down and seems to be keeping it level. Tomorrow ill get to figure out the sensor for ato since my reservoir is coming.

OP
OP
jramy123

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you get it dialed in?
Yeah its cooking now. Should get my reservoir sometime today. That is only thing I have no experience with lol. I thing I got the sensor where I want it, just need to drop in pump and power it up. Gonna take my first readings today see where I'm at. Again used 20 pounds live rock from lfs. Start ghost feeding and see what happens.

Matt Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah its cooking now. Should get my reservoir sometime today. That is only thing I have no experience with lol. I thing I got the sensor where I want it, just need to drop in pump and power it up. Gonna take my first readings today see where I'm at. Again used 20 pounds live rock from lfs. Start ghost feeding and see what happens.
Just make sure your return hose isn't below the highest water level, otherwise it can back siphon to your reservoir.

stylolvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just make sure your return hose isn't below the highest water level, otherwise it can back siphon to your reservoir.
+1 The Duetto ATO comes with a siphon break to install mid-line above the reservoir water level, but I prefer the warm fuzzy of knowing there is absolutely no possibility of draining the tank back into the stand.....

OP
OP
jramy123

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is clipped to back of the tank so it is not even in the tank if that is what you mean.

20210110_124925.jpg

OP
OP
jramy123

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First test done yes I know its api but in process of getting more reliable test kit. Looks to be
Ph: 8.3
Ammonia: .50 ppm
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: between 0 and 5 ppm
Salinity: but lower than I wanted at 1.024 so I hope to make corrections at first water change making smaller batches.

Gonna ghost feed and see if ammonia spikes or if there is enough bacteria in there. I have the lights off still but would I be ok to turn them on a bit at this point or should I make sure its good and cycled?

1610311956265306416995523187756.jpg

Last edited:

Matt Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First test done yes I know its api but in process of getting more reliable test kit. Looks to be
Ph: 8.3
Ammonia: .50 ppm
Nitrate: between 0 and 5 ppm

Gonna ghost feed and see if ammonia spikes or if there is enough bacteria in there. I have the lights off still but would I be ok to turn them on a bit at this point or should I make sure its good and cycled?
Im using up my API the same, using the bottle bac and ammonia it was a sure thing. Just used the kits to get used to it and verify. I've been buying the better test kits along the way.

The lights on or off is still debatable, I'm keeping lights off for about 6 months in hopes it helps. There's people who say it made no difference, others say it helped...

OP
OP
jramy123

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second day test after host feeding a few pellets. Looks like the ammonia did go up. I think it looks like 2ppm but maybe not. Nitrate still 0 but Nitrate went up a bit I think. I will definitely be watching as I'm thinking there might be some die off from lfs live rock.

20210111_101632.jpg

OP
OP
jramy123

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
jramy123

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well you could lower the water level down since you dont have corals "i think" slide it overfro on stank to the other but it its taller you will have to lift it up
Well in my 75g planted tank im doing and learning co2. Had a tank crash last week while I was teaching my class. Came out to about 150 worth of floating fish. Just spent 200 to restock it lol. The stand can wait but I will probably get it and switch it during water change some day

OP
OP
jramy123

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got in my fuge light, red sea kits for ca, alk, mag, and phos. Also my KrakenReef lid just came in so all the parts are on this thing. I will let anyone that has wb20cube that the marine pure block 8x8x4 will not fit lol. Thought I measured it right where it would go right in but had to chiself some smaller chunks off and put those in for more surface area. My tests today show:
PH: 8.3
Ammonia: 0-.25(cant tell the color but looks more yellow so that is the 0)
Nitrate: 80-160ppm ( I assume when I do my 10g water change tonight that should go down. Pretty excited to turn on the lights and see what she looks like.
Next step would CUC or my clowns. What do you guys recommend. I also read on here that I get to deal with ugly tank next with algae bloom. Looking for advice on how to handle that. Pics to follow tonight.

Matt Miller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't have any algae yet I would suggest starting with the clowns. I did it backwards but should be adding mine soonish, I hope. I'm still learning all this too.

OP
OP
jramy123

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeha gonna do my water change tonight. I got chaeto and pods coming next week hopefully. After that if i see good tests mayb in week or two Ill add the fish. Im really just letting it mature as much as I can as my main goal here is a mandarin dragonet way down the road

OP
OP
jramy123

jramy123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well work let us go a bit early so water change is done. I did end up doing 10g change. Turned on my light for the picture. I will test water tomorrow to make sure everything is peachy.

Attachments

• 20210122_141111.jpg
    20210122_141111.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 109

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back