Waterbox Cube 20

TJflip44

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also do you have the plans or pics of the stand.
This is the stand. I still need to finish the door so it is missing in the picture. I used the standard 2x4 style frame for the structure and skinned it with 1/8 plywood and used trim pieces on the top and bottom. I also used the small 90 degree angle trim pieces vertically to cover where the front face meets the sides.

Attachments

• 8B7FC5B6-E551-4068-9C34-3A079A2D8366.jpeg
    8B7FC5B6-E551-4068-9C34-3A079A2D8366.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 125

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey John! Looking forward to following along on your build. Check out my build thread when you have a minute. I've got a Waterbox 20 cube as well and if/when you start to look for upgrades I'd be happy to share some advice.
What kind of return pump are you using? I’d like to get a controllable one? And a quiet one.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s everybody using for a return pump? I found a place advanced acrylics that makes a great ATO reservoirs at pretty reasonable prices. I’ve had my waterbox about a week now and the stock pump is LOUD!

termalene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s everybody using for a return pump? I found a place advanced acrylics that makes a great ATO reservoirs at pretty reasonable prices. I’ve had my waterbox about a week now and the stock pump is LOUD!

Running this pump without the strainer. Fits just fine and has been so much more convenient when adjusting the flow and pausing for feeding.

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Running this pump without the strainer. Fits just fine and has been so much more convenient when adjusting the flow and pausing for feeding.

Attachments

• 43B7CEFB-CC64-4BB9-BC2D-B0FD0928CB28.jpeg
    43B7CEFB-CC64-4BB9-BC2D-B0FD0928CB28.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 110

Reefman71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost bought that one, I went with this one instead. I’ve got Amazon prime so if it doesn’t fit why I don’t like it I’ll return it and get that one.

OP
OP
John Bolden

John Bolden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I just realized that my stand I was considering was too small. I want to just buy a stand and don't have the tools to build my own. could any one give some pics of there stand that they bought. also i heard that the waterbox filter sock gets clogged a lot is this true and is it worth it to buy a Media basket.

termalene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I just realized that my stand I was considering was too small. I want to just buy a stand and don't have the tools to build my own. could any one give some pics of there stand that they bought. also i heard that the waterbox filter sock gets clogged a lot is this true and is it worth it to buy a Media basket.

Get the basket if you want to run other media. If not, I would just buy a couple extra socks and rotate them out.

I just replace my sock every 3 days or so and give the used one a good rinse and air dry. I can see how it can get clogged quickly but it really depends on your tank.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would remove the sock and use floss, even if the sock doesn’t get clogged fast, it will still need changing regularly, easier to do that with floss than washing socks.
The sea horse I would not do, they generally go in their own tank and need feeding constantly, not a good idea IMO.

OP
OP
John Bolden

John Bolden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok and the clown fish would eat that food too so they would be super fat so i don't think ill get sea horses. I was looking at the jbj 20 gal stand but there a littler bit too small so I'm going to ikea or some other store to look for a stand also any one got a stand that they like that they bought.
the stand will arrive on the 27th 3 day's early.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just be careful with flat pact stands, check the weight they are designed to hold, if it doesn’t say I would probably not go for it.

Take a look at places that sell oak furniture, those types of places, they are prebuilt and normally quite strong, I think you will be very limited in your choices at IKEA, many will probably not support the weight.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 139 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back