OP
T

TimSt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope so too, but it doesn't look good. Website changed from 'available for backorder' to 'unavailable for order' today. Hmmm...

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The tank looks good!

MD51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in stock on the Waterbox site. I guess we'll see what that means for orders already placed.
2-4 Months for the Silver 125.3 - placed mine on 4.4.22 - slated late May to Early June but won't be surprised if it lands July to August. All good - gives us time to plan & stock up.

OP
OP
T

TimSt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It did. Let me put together my thoughts for how things went. Give me a couple of minutes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TimSt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FedEx freight was excellent. I scheduled a 4:00 p.m. drop off of my stuff; got a call at 3:30 saying they were behind schedule and would show up at 5 and was I ok with that. Delivery showed up right at 5.

I didn't pay extra for inside delivery, so when the guy showed up, I asked if he could at least make it up my gravel driveway to the garage. Nope--the pallet mover couldn't get past the end of the driveway through the gravel (not sure what would have happened if I paid for inside delivery--maybe a couple of guys would have shown up?). So, two big pallets rested at the end of my driveway to unbox and get into my house. Everything was shrink-wrapped and solidly packed.

I had asked my son who is local to come over tonight to help with moving everything in. He's a big guy--I'm about average. More on this in a second.

No pictures, but it was obvious which pallet was the tank and which was the stand. The stand pallet weighed 380 lbs. Found out it had the sump in it as well. Not sure how much the stand and sump weighed after we got all of the packing material out of the way, but we were able to get both in the house with no issues.

The tank is another story. That pallet weighed 345 lbs. Deducting for the weight of the pallet material and packing box, I figured the tank would come in at about 200+ lbs.--a bit too much for this average guy. So, erring on the side of caution, I decided we weren't going to unbox the tank in the rain (!) and give it a go. I figured maneuvering a tank in the rain at the top end of my lifting capability probably wasn't going to be the smartest thing to try. Instead, I'm going to round up a few more helpers for the job. The tank is now sitting at the end of my driveway until that happens. I'm sure the neighbors will be wondering what the heck is going on.

First impressions of the stand and sump: wow! I opted for the black stand, and I really, really like it. I was a bit concerned at first when I noticed that the doors bowed inwards and don't have handles to open, but then realized that there are fittings I need to install (included) that will enable 'push to open' for the doors.

Though we didn't get the tank in the house, the stand is leveled and the sump is in the stand. I hope my helpers come together in the the next couple of days and we can get the tank installed.

So far, so good. I really wish we could have got the tank in the house tonight, but I wasn't willing to risk it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TimSt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another part of my journey:
I bought a RODI unit months ago, but never unpacked it. Since I had the day off from work, I figured it would be a good day to install the unit in our laundry room while I waited on the delivery of my Waterbox. When I opened the RO unit box, I found several fitting cracked and broken. Not sure what happened, as the exterior of the box was fine, but I sent a note to Bulk Reef Supply to see what they could do (I wasn't optimistic, as I ordered the unit in February).

BRS is awesome! They wrote me right back and are putting the broken fitting replacements in the mail today. Thanks guys!

OP
OP
T

TimSt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more for tonight:
I've been going back and forth regarding live rock vs. dry rock for starting my system. Finally decided on live rock, but not extremely excited about the shipping expenses and curing process.

A few days ago, a (somewhat) local reefer posted he was selling live rock to clear out one of his tanks. The price was right, and the idea of getting live rock without curing and shipping greatly appealed to me. Obviously, I need to get my tank up and running, but looking forward to picking this rock up from him soon.

OP
OP
T

TimSt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is in the house, on the stand. Three guys to get it up the driveway, and then two to get it through the door.

Pictures to follow (I need to get some packing material out of the tank).

I didn't realize this until now, but I'll need a stepstool to reach the bottom of the tank. I'm 5'10".

soymilk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is in the house, on the stand. Three guys to get it up the driveway, and then two to get it through the door.

Pictures to follow (I need to get some packing material out of the tank).

I didn't realize this until now, but I'll need a stepstool to reach the bottom of the tank. I'm 5'10".
im 6' and im using one of my dinning room table chairs to get into the tank lol.

looks like youre getting a lot of good progress in. Lets see some pictures.

OP
OP
T

TimSt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update:
Repair parts came for the RODI unit; managed to get everything installed and reconnected (I think-will double-check my connections in another post), now just have to mount/hook up the unit and start making water.

Hooked up my Reefbreeders LED this morning. Took a little while and some research; I learned my router was set on 5 ghz, and light requires 2.4 ghz to work. After tracking down my router login info and some Googling, I was able to set the router to the right frequency. Set up went smoothly after that.

Here are a few pictures. Current view of the sump (I hope to hook up plumbing today). View of the tank with the lights on (didn't use room lights, as I got too many reflections off the tank), and view of the electronics cabinet.

Note about the electronics cabinet: as previously noted, it's shallow. The Hydros controllers with their terminators connected barely fit, but when I added the lights to one of the XP8 outlets (not in picture below), there's not enough clearance to put the cabinet cover back in place. I may resolve this by getting those flat 3-prong short extension cables from Amazon, or I may just leave the cover off if wiring looks neat enough--still need to think this one through.

Edit: wife just told me she wants the cover in place. Looks like an Amazon order is going in today.

Next steps:
-mount/rig RODI unit, install plumbing, start making water, and leak-test everything

electronics.jpg lights.jpg sump.jpg

Last edited:

MD51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking Good

When you get a chance can you take a measurement of the depth between the overflow box to the front panel is it 18.74”? As well a measurement of the W of the overflow box?

Ty

OP
OP
T

TimSt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't measure that precisely, but it does come in right around 18 3/4"

Overflow box is 10" wide.