Waterbox overflow HELP PLZ

eqbal9947

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I need some help with my loud overflow.
So the tank is almost a year old and I was told the overflow was going to get quieter but it has not.
I have it to where some water is going down the emergency line but the majority of the problem is when the water flows into the overflow and splashes.
I once got it to where it was SILENT, there was water going into the emergency with no gurgles and no splash sounds, DEAD SILENT.
I did a water change it messed it up and i cant get it back to how it was with similar setup.
It may be the powerheads pushing the water into the overflow because when I turn the powerheads off, its pretty quiet. But that might not be it because my powerhead settings are the same as when i accidentally got it dead silent.

any advice is appreciated, I've tried everything.

1677823890365.png

danielankeny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I need some help with my loud overflow.
So the tank is almost a year old and I was told the overflow was going to get quieter but it has not.
I have it to where some water is going down the emergency line but the majority of the problem is when the water flows into the overflow and splashes.
I once got it to where it was SILENT, there was water going into the emergency with no gurgles and no splash sounds, DEAD SILENT.
I did a water change it messed it up and i cant get it back to how it was with similar setup.
It may be the powerheads pushing the water into the overflow because when I turn the powerheads off, its pretty quiet. But that might not be it because my powerhead settings are the same as when i accidentally got it dead silent.

any advice is appreciated, I've tried everything.

1677823890365.png
Not sure i fully understand whether it’s water gurgling in the drain pipes or splashing into the sump. If it’s water splashing into the sump then either extending the drain pipes so they are closer to the water level in the sump or raising the water level in the sump may help.

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I did with my waterbox was open it up all the way then close it slowly bit by bit until it was just below the emergency drain. You don’t want any water going into the emergency drain you want it just below it. Mine is completly silent

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
You're supposed to dial it with the valve on the middle drain so that this drain always has full siphon. The other drain (left in the picture above) is supposed to get just barely a bit of water going through it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%

Back