OP
G

Gary777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiya. How is the tank progressing? I'm going to be downsizing my tank and have been trying to decide on which to go with. Your thread has been really helpful - thank you, it's great to find someone from the uk! I think I have finally made up my mind on the WB mini 25 too! eek

Hi

The tank is going well. I have had some bad luck with some disease with the fish but hopefully I am ready to make more progress now.

The Peninsula 25 is a great choice. I'm no expert but if you need any help drop me a message on here.

Best of luck.

Garry125

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to find the best location for my wavemaker (mp10). Where do you guys have yours. Unfortunately I can't put it on the back.

OP
OP
G

Gary777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to find the best location for my wavemaker (mp10). Where do you guys have yours. Unfortunately I can't put it on the back.
I guess the best place is facing the return output?

If the MP10 is new could you return it and get a Nero 3? Then it can go on the back glass and you have some cash back too.

howaboutme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am slowly going to switch my nero3 located on the back wall (below the return) to my mp10 that will be going on the side wall as the return facing the other side wall. I'm going to put it in the middle, top 1/3. At least that's my initial plan. We'll see if I make things mad and adjust.

Ocean Blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

The tank is going well. I have had some bad luck with some disease with the fish but hopefully I am ready to make more progress now.

The Peninsula 25 is a great choice. I'm no expert but if you need any help drop me a message on here.

Best of luck.
So sorry to hear that, I hope everything is ok! Thank you for offering. I will always welcome any advice, big or small. I have just ordered the AI prime 16 lights which I will put on my existing tank until I save up for the mini peninsula. I have also emailed the Sea Life Centre to see if they can rehome my Regal Tang. I am going to cry when I have to give her up but hopefully I will find her a happy forever home.

OP
OP
G

Gary777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am slowly going to switch my nero3 located on the back wall (below the return) to my mp10 that will be going on the side wall as the return facing the other side wall. I'm going to put it in the middle, top 1/3. At least that's my initial plan. We'll see if I make things mad and adjust.

I think it will be interesting to see how that works. Please let us know.

OP
OP
G

Gary777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry to hear that, I hope everything is ok! Thank you for offering. I will always welcome any advice, big or small. I have just ordered the AI prime 16 lights which I will put on my existing tank until I save up for the mini peninsula. I have also emailed the Sea Life Centre to see if they can rehome my Regal Tang. I am going to cry when I have to give her up but hopefully I will find her a happy forever home.

There is a UK based reef forum where you might have luck rehoming your Regal Tang. I'm not sure if it's acceptable to mention other forums on here. Maybe to do so would be the ultimate reef insult. Message me if you don't know it.

Garry125

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it off a friend for a really really good price. Could purchase a cheap one like jeabo and place it on the back?

Ocean Blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a UK based reef forum where you might have luck rehoming your Regal Tang. I'm not sure if it's acceptable to mention other forums on here. Maybe to do so would be the ultimate reef insult. Message me if you don't know it.
Thanks. No I don't know this forum you speak of. Kinda new to the whole forum thing lol. I just want her to have a good life. I had her from someone breaking down their nano tank. You can imagine my shock when I went to pick her up and find out she was fully grown. I don't think she would have been able to move at all in there.

OP
OP
G

Gary777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A long time since I posted. I have had some real ups and downs. I had an outbreak of velvet which killed my fish and led to a long fallow period. I also had a lot of bryopsis which I tried to manually remove for ages but eventually fixed very quickly with Flux RX.

The tank is now 10 months old and it's looking pretty good. I decided to go for simple, hardy fish after the fallow period so I just got 3 Springer's damsels which have been in for 2 months and get along well. Of course that restricts me from getting any other fish but that's fine. They are very active and look great. Who knows how well they will get along when they are older but I guess that's the case with any fish.

With 3 small fish and a cleaner shrimp the bio load is very low, so I feed fairly heavily with frozen and pellets / flakes. The nitrates are at around 2-3 ppm and phosphates are around 0.04.

I manually dose about 5ml of All For Reef a day to keep alkalinity at around 8.5. I also dose 15ml of Microbacter Clean weekly.

Water changes are now 20% every 2 weeks. I have also changed salt from Reef Crystals to Tropic Marin.

I have steadily added corals which all seem to be growing, some faster than others.

A few pictures ...

IMG_0885.jpg
IMG_0886.jpg
IMG_0887.jpg
IMG_0888.jpg

utekevin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very similar history to myself, under gravel filters and tap water. Jumping back in was an eye opener. I had a similar experience with the return pump and wouldn't be able to tolerate the hum all day. The Tunze Silence worked for me and it's been keeping with its name.

Thanks for the tip on the media balls, may employ that as well. Good looking tank.
Hi, Which Tunze Pump did you fit there the smallest one? Thanks.:)

Ocean Blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Which Tunze Pump did you fit there the smallest one? Thanks.:)
I have just started setting up my PM25 and I’ve been struggling with the Tunze silence 1073.008 pump which is what I had read people were using as an alternative. For me it’s so close to the sides it makes it vibrate. WB have got back to me - they have amazing customer service and suggested removing the front cap off to make it smaller so I’m going to try that along with a couple other ideas . Would love to know how others got on with fitting it without it making noise

rishma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A long time since I posted. I have had some real ups and downs. I had an outbreak of velvet which killed my fish and led to a long fallow period. I also had a lot of bryopsis which I tried to manually remove for ages but eventually fixed very quickly with Flux RX.

The tank is now 10 months old and it's looking pretty good. I decided to go for simple, hardy fish after the fallow period so I just got 3 Springer's damsels which have been in for 2 months and get along well. Of course that restricts me from getting any other fish but that's fine. They are very active and look great. Who knows how well they will get along when they are older but I guess that's the case with any fish.

With 3 small fish and a cleaner shrimp the bio load is very low, so I feed fairly heavily with frozen and pellets / flakes. The nitrates are at around 2-3 ppm and phosphates are around 0.04.

I manually dose about 5ml of All For Reef a day to keep alkalinity at around 8.5. I also dose 15ml of Microbacter Clean weekly.

Water changes are now 20% every 2 weeks. I have also changed salt from Reef Crystals to Tropic Marin.

I have steadily added corals which all seem to be growing, some faster than others.

A few pictures ...

IMG_0885.jpg
IMG_0886.jpg
IMG_0887.jpg
IMG_0888.jpg
Looking good. Really well done aquascape. I’m setting up my WB25 and yours is great.
I have just started setting up my PM25 and I’ve been struggling with the Tunze silence 1073.008 pump which is what I had read people were using as an alternative. For me it’s so close to the sides it makes it vibrate. WB have got back to me - they have amazing customer service and suggested removing the front cap off to make it smaller so I’m going to try that along with a couple other ideas . Would love to know how others got on with fitting it without it making noise
I’m using a 1073.008. I put a silicone pad at the bottom of the return section, removed the screen piece around the suction of the pump and placed it in diagonal. You can get a few millimeters clearance from the glass. No vibration noise. I’m a bit nutty when it comes to noise and I’m satisfied with this little pump. Very very quiet. I can hear it when the water level gets low in that section, so I keep it near the top of the weir with my ATO.

Last edited:

vins_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I think you just made a better job of placing the pump in the tight space without touching any glass. The Sicce pump I have is not so noisy when it's just in a bucket of water. It is doing a good job of mixing salt and pumping water into the tank on water change days.

The Jecod pump I have in the tank now works better for me because as it's a DC pump it doesn't vibrate. That makes it the better product for a nano all in one in my experience.
How it going with the dc 1200 pump got the peninsula 15 on Saturday and the pump so noisy

OP
OP
G

Gary777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How it going with the dc 1200 pump got the peninsula 15 on Saturday and the pump so noisy

The DC 1200 pump is still working well. I recommend it but remember you need to cut it down a bit to get it to fit.

vins_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The DC 1200 pump is still working well. I recommend it but remember you need to cut it down a bit to get it to fit.
Yea had to before in the fluval evo I had , what media you using in your tank , my setup with floss in media cup chamber one bio balls and carbon and heater chamber 2 and pump chamber 3

OP
OP
G

Gary777

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea had to before in the fluval evo I had , what media you using in your tank , my setup with floss in media cup chamber one bio balls and carbon and heater chamber 2 and pump chamber 3
I have a filter floss cup in section 1 that has a bag of carbon under the floss. In section 2 there are bio balls on a string of cable ties that hang off the light bracket. Section 3 has the pump, heater, and ato.

vins_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a filter floss cup in section 1 that has a bag of carbon under the floss. In section 2 there are bio balls on a string of cable ties that hang off the light bracket. Section 3 has the pump, heater, and ato.
Never fort to put bag of carbon under the cup , good idea that is , mite do that with bio balls ,

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back