Waterbox REEF LX 330.7

alexnyc22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how many MP-40’s I should set up on this tank. I am getting a new waterbox 330.7 and have 2 MP-40’s. Would that be enough?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That completely depends on what you want to keep in your tank, your aquascape and many other things in sure! Tell us a bit about that :)

Flow is not a set it and forget it thing, you're gonna adjust it a million times as your tank nurtures! Chances are that the MP40s aren't even the right tool for the job- they are versatile though and a good place to start.

Get your new tank, make the scape you want and consider what coral and other lifestock you're gonna keep- and where you want to place it. And then decide on flow!

Personally, I run a 4 foot tank with
2 x MP40
2 x ReefWave 45 gyre
1 x MP10

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

alexnyc22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That completely depends on what you want to keep in your tank, your aquascape and many other things in sure! Tell us a bit about that :)

Flow is not a set it and forget it thing, you're gonna adjust it a million times as your tank nurtures! Chances are that the MP40s aren't even the right tool for the job- they are versatile though and a good place to start.

Get your new tank, make the scape you want and consider what coral and other lifestock you're gonna keep- and where you want to place it. And then decide on flow!

Personally, I run a 4 foot tank with
2 x MP40
2 x ReefWave 45 gyre
1 x MP10
Thanks for the response. I am upgrading from a Red Sea 450. I currently run 2 Neptune Wav pumps on my set up. I plan on having 2 MP-40’s pushing water across, 2 MP-10’s moving water from the back. But I was thinking maybe 2 more or using my Wav pumps

Upvote 0

Master of Cloak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the response. I am upgrading from a Red Sea 450. I currently run 2 Neptune Wav pumps on my set up. I plan on having 2 MP-40’s pushing water across, 2 MP-10’s moving water from the back. But I was thinking maybe 2 more or using my Wav pumps
I don’t think the MP10s would be able to work with the thickness of the glass. I could be wrong though.

Upvote 0

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check the specs of those MP10's first.. Mine are struggling on 12 mm glass..

Again; it doesn't really matter which powerheads you buy, it's all about the right tool for the right job! Get your tank sorted out, start adding livestock and upgrade your flow if and when required! :)

No one will be able to tell you which ones are right for you; but go for something a bit versatile to you can switch and move around as needed..

Upvote 0

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya my mp10s barely hold on to 10mm glass.
That said you can't really have too much flow as you can always dial the pumps down if needed. I have a 3ft tank with two mp40s, two mp10s and two Nero 5s but corals are all sticks. On my 6ft 180g mixed reef I run four mp40s . I just ordered the 330.7 a couple of days ago. I'll eventually tear down the 180 and move the mp40s to the 300 but am thinking about trying a couple of gyres in the mean time to get things up and running.

Upvote 0

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 48 59.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back