Ways to shield sump from refugium lighting?

Lylelovett

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 5, 2018
Messages
439
Reaction score
224
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I just picked up the AI Prime Fuge light and love it! But is it bright! :)

I’m brainstorming some ways to shield/block the light from flooding the rest of the sump:

- Cinefoil? This stuff is pretty awesome - not the prettiest necessarily, but I’m leaning this way. Essentially built some barn doors or “visor“ around it.
- Acrylic box? This is way more work to cut and ”glue” acrylic to build essentially a box with a hole in the top for the light.

What else have you done?

Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new