Weird spots on saddleback clown

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

noticed these spots on my clownfish yesterday and today. He hosts my bubbletip and wasn’t sure if this maybe just stinging spots or something else.

6F37C20F-54A8-4EDB-ACFA-22458D3F62DA.jpeg
1C26095B-345D-422E-8A26-6D7B8DA0AEC7.jpeg BD175A26-4982-4A65-BE59-5D45D4EE3249.jpeg

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you've had the fish for a while i wouldn't worry about it, really doesn't look like much to worry about. Just keep your water prestine and feed em well and it will work out fine for the fish.
Yeah I’ve had him for 2 years. I’ve added new fish recently but they were safety stopped and none of the other fish have it

he was swimming into the glass and spinning almost like he was itching tho.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I’ve had him for 2 years. I’ve added new fish recently but they were safety stopped and none of the other fish have it

he was swimming into the glass and spinning almost like he was itching tho.

Safety stop is really just a minimal process - even a full quarantine can let some diseases through, and safety stop will let even more get through. My concern here is that something got in with your new fish that your clown was sensitive to. You noted a change in its behavior and that makes me think it is more than just the "odd spot" that clownfish can get.

Can you take some pictures under white light instead of blue, something with less contrast?

Thanks,

Jay

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Safety stop is really just a minimal process - even a full quarantine can let some diseases through, and safety stop will let even more get through. My concern here is that something got in with your new fish that your clown was sensitive to. You noted a change in its behavior and that makes me think it is more than just the "odd spot" that clownfish can get.

Can you take some pictures under white light instead of blue, something with less contrast?

Thanks,

Jay

Attachments

• IMG_1029.MOV
    15.2 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m seeing possible ich here, at least I can’t rule it out. Are the eyes cloudy like they seem to be?
Jay

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m seeing possible ich here, at least I can’t rule it out. Are the eyes cloudy like they seem to be?
Jay
Eyes seem normal to me. Although the other day the one had a bubble on it and was enlarged

what should I do?

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks,

Jay

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 40.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 27.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back