OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry, but the clown sounds like a goner. It stinks when it’s an original fish. It’s likely, based on that video, that he has an hour, maybe two, left in him. However, I have seen anomalies in fish, so never give up hope, and always keep fighting.
He’s actually normal color now. Hoping he got spooked and stressed originally and has called down. He wants his nem back I bet

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are the other fish that were in the DT with him? Are any of them "sick"? I ask as it also possible there is nothing wrong with him and your just stressing the poop out of him.

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are the other fish that were in the DT with him? Are any of them "sick"?
None have any symptoms and are acting fine. The blenny had some spots but they must have been detritus as they fell off. He looks clean now.

he was the only one breathing heavy and he did have some marks on him so we thought either velvet or ich or flukes

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw your pictures and your videos, I see the spots. I also can't say for sure one way or another from those pictures/videos if your fish has ich or flukes or if nothing. If it was velvet by now he'd be dead as would your other fish.
I hope you learned one of the most important things in this hobby, if you have a tank with healthy fish in it and you add a new one without quaranting it you got a 50/50 chance of killing all your fish. You can buy 10 fish over time, put them in your tank and have no problems. Then buy that 11th one and kill them all because # 11 was sick. I quarantine all my fish,I DID NOT say I treat them for a disease they don't have or might have but that's a whole other story.

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
back to lookin ******
E1A7A1FD-B662-4C99-A913-20BFED397ED4.jpeg

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw your pictures and your videos, I see the spots. I also can't say for sure one way or another from those pictures/videos if your fish has ich or flukes or if nothing. If it was velvet by now he'd be dead as would your other fish.
I hope you learned one of the most important things in this hobby, if you have a tank with healthy fish in it and you add a new one without quaranting it you got a 50/50 chance of killing all your fish. You can buy 10 fish over time, put them in your tank and have no problems. Then buy that 11th one and kill them all because # 11 was sick. I quarantine all my fish,I DID NOT say I treat them for a disease they don't have or might have but that's a whole other story.
Agree. And yes now that I have this qt I will treat any new fish but want to keep this guy alive especially if he doesn’t have anything

would you put him back in your DT is the question

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree. And yes now that I have this qt I will treat any new fish but want to keep this guy alive especially if he doesn’t have anything

would you put him back in your DT is the question

NO--keep him in the QT for awhile just to see if anything pops up(with him or the other fish in the tank)--it's up to you if you want to stop treating him with copper. But if the other fish ain't sick was he?
By the way that is one nice looking saddleback clown.

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NO--keep him in the QT for awhile just to see if anything pops up(with him or the other fish in the tank)--it's up to you if you want to stop treating him with copper. But if the other fish ain't sick was he?
By the way that is one nice looking saddleback clown.
No fish looked sick but him. He really only had a few scratch marks and was breathing heavy. He even looked better in qt except for tonight.

Thanks. He’s the biggest and kind of a bully but he makes the tank what it is.

Last edited:

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread actually made me want one for myself. But I agree with tnw50cal. Even if he looks better, doesn’t necessarily mean he is. Keep him in the QT until you’re 100% sure he and the rest of the tank is disease free. Even then, you may want to still treat for a while even if he looks okay.

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks better today. He must be changing his color as at first he had a tinge of copper color on his back but after a few minutes he looked like this.
Also, if he didn’t have velvet or ich (at this point -0- spots) but had flukes...should I be treating with something else other than copper? I have melaplex but not sure if that treats flukes

Hendo1133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Treat with Prazi for flukes, you can also do a fresh water dip and see if you see anything, a lot of the flukes will release in fresh water. My clown looked VERY similar from flukes but hard to tell by pictures 100%

OP
OP
C

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Treat with Prazi for flukes, you can also do a fresh water dip and see if you see anything, a lot of the flukes will release in fresh water. My clown looked VERY similar from flukes but hard to tell by pictures 100%
I originally did a fw dip and he appeared better right after but was breathing heavy for awhile.
I’ll look up prazipro

should I reduce copper using carbon (I can’t really drain the qt to remove with him still in it)

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I originally did a fw dip and he appeared better right after but was breathing heavy for awhile.
I’ll look up prazipro

should I reduce copper using carbon (I can’t really drain the qt to remove with him still in it)
Carbon doesn’t remove complexed copper all that well. Water changes are best, but polyfilter and cuprsorb work. Be sure to aerate he tank when angel prazipro.
Jay

Hendo1133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe you can use Prazi in conjunction with copper? You’ll want to ensure good aeration as mentioned. Don’t run carbon for a couple days after treatment as it will remove the medicine. Humble fish has a pretty good guide to using Prazi

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 27.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back