Weird white spots on Clownfish

TyrannicBears

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I just noticed on one of my clowns has a weird white pimple/ lifted dot on the side of him. I’m not sure if it’s ich or some sort of other parasite or illness. Does anyone know what this could be?
FFF2CED9-6714-4599-85EE-52494F477632.jpeg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Lifted" up is often lymphocystis. Cottony, fibrous, and or cauliflower like it is a usually harmless virus. Or if more appear rapidly there are other concerns. Here's more info on Lympho:

OP
OP
TyrannicBears

TyrannicBears

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Lifted" up is often lymphocystis. Cottony, fibrous, and or cauliflower like it is a usually harmless virus. Or if more appear rapidly there are other concerns. Here's more info on Lympho:

I noticed a few more on his fins do you think this could be it or should I give it a day or two and look for any other signs. He seems completely fine and happy and is still eating.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the thread I gave you you will notice that Lympho can be just one spot or many spots. They usually are in the fin and face areas. Of course other parasites like Ich, Brooklynella and Velvet are possible. Watch for other behaviors that are danger signs: rapid breathing, hiding from light, scratching gills and body, color loss, loss of appetite, etc.

Here's another thread with pictures of the most common fish parasites and diseases so you can keep a close eye on your little buddy. Post more pics for us to help in any way we can.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 44 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back