Weird white spots on Clownfish

TyrannicBears

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2020
Messages
14
Reaction score
3
Location
Orange County
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I just noticed on one of my clowns has a weird white pimple/ lifted dot on the side of him. I’m not sure if it’s ich or some sort of other parasite or illness. Does anyone know what this could be?
FFF2CED9-6714-4599-85EE-52494F477632.jpeg
 
"Lifted" up is often lymphocystis. Cottony, fibrous, and or cauliflower like it is a usually harmless virus. Or if more appear rapidly there are other concerns. Here's more info on Lympho:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/lymphocystis.257461/
I noticed a few more on his fins do you think this could be it or should I give it a day or two and look for any other signs. He seems completely fine and happy and is still eating.
 
In the thread I gave you you will notice that Lympho can be just one spot or many spots. They usually are in the fin and face areas. Of course other parasites like Ich, Brooklynella and Velvet are possible. Watch for other behaviors that are danger signs: rapid breathing, hiding from light, scratching gills and body, color loss, loss of appetite, etc.

Here's another thread with pictures of the most common fish parasites and diseases so you can keep a close eye on your little buddy. Post more pics for us to help in any way we can.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/fish-disease-index-pictorial-guide.285708/
 
Last edited:
thank you so far today I can’t see any note spots on him so I hope it’s gone!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new