OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich is like salt, and velvet is like powdered sugar. I can count the grains. Though there are a good number. Fish catching is ok, got all the tangs, but the anthia are hiding in the rock. Gotta lure them out.
Well, I’d rather deal with ich then velvet.
Are you netting or trapping? Lol

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far today, I've done both. Caught 6 pretty easily with the trap, and then netted the 6 tangs. Now moving on to the smaller guys that are hiding. Will probably take a day or two to get them all out. They need to get used to some of the traps and dividers that I've trying to use.

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you remove this fish and get a more closer look. I am sorry I really don't think it is particulate. If it is velvet you would need to treat ASAP, but I agree with @Gablami looks more like ich. How is it that both of you get this within days of each other?!? Now I am nervous. I have a batch of QT fish literally available to come out tonight, but now I might wait a few more days.

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you remove this fish and get a more closer look. I am sorry I really don't think it is particulate. If it is velvet you would need to treat ASAP, but I agree with @Gablami looks more like ich. How is it that both of you get this within days of each other?!? Now I am nervous. I have a batch of QT fish literally available to come out tonight, but now I might wait a few more days.
Yeah, I know. ;Dead
Hoping for ich because at this point, fish can live until I’m ready to deal with it.

Only new things are: Gulf of Mexico sand, water and KP live rock. IK, but for yrs used the water..

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer, it is accurate idea of particulate snow storm.
You can upload to YouTube and then post a link. That’s the most reliable way, I think.

Im guessing it was the wrasse that brought it in. Not sure whether it was treated. I don’t believe in observation alone as a good method for ich prevention. It’s too easy to miss a speck.

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I know. ;Dead
Hoping for ich because at this point, fish can live until I’m ready to deal with it.

Only new things are: Gulf of Mexico sand, water and KP live rock. IK, but for yrs used the water..

Ich can managed or dealt with. Velvet can catastrophic within in days. Live rock can be a source for both diseases.

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich can managed or dealt with. Velvet can catastrophic within in days. Live rock can be a source for both diseases.
Yeah hopefully they aren’t storing their live rock in a fish system. Even if it was straight out of the ocean, could have been unlucky.

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can upload to YouTube and then post a link. That’s the most reliable way, I think.

Im guessing it was the wrasse that brought it in. Not sure whether it was treated. I don’t believe in observation alone as a good method for ich prevention. It’s too easy to miss a speck.
I’ll check out YouTube.

wrasse supposably went through copper...hmph.

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah hopefully they aren’t storing their live rock in a fish system. Even if it was straight out of the ocean, could have been unlucky.
I know. I did read this happened to another R2R person, but I just assumed they didn’t Qt properly.

I’m keeping a close eye ball on everyone.
Caribbean blue is the worst.
Hippo has a few now.
Emp couple.

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C534C097-0FB4-4E9B-8F0C-7961A0ED08C4.jpeg
E9E52027-5886-4431-BB01-EFBE46B7F2A9.jpeg

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This photo is looking more like velvet... I would reach out to humble fish...
He confirms velvet.

This could put my marriage to the test! Jk
Craig has been teasing since the Tankme showed up that “hobby haywire” has taken over our home. Now I finally have it together and this!
Haha, well then, think I’ll take over the single car garage.

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He confirms velvet.

This could put my marriage to the test! Jk
Craig has been teasing since the Tankme showed up that “hobby haywire” has taken over our home. Now I finally have it together and this!
Haha, well then, think I’ll take over the single car garage.

Velvet is nasty stuff.. There is no good velvet management type process IMO. True QT and a fallow period is required.

Good luck!

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup I checked it out. I caught all but three, flame angel pair and one anthia remain!

How is your fish catching going @Wen?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back