OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn’t sure which photos were from your new tank and which were from your old. So you moved over all your SPS into your new tank already? That’s very brave :). Rooting for the rest of the acros.
I haven’t purposely moved any sps over yet.

The Cornbred was attached to something I needed for new tank base structure, so I removed it to leave in 150, but it started losing tissue base up within 1 day. Fragged good tissue from that, but it was too late.
Well, I have 2 tiny nuggets of it...which are both in new tank.

Just waiting for nitrate and phosphate numbers in 280 to increase before moving sps.
Alk, cal, mag, temp, salinity are stable in 280.
@Gablami Think I should move all sps on same day or in waves?

Today moving LPS and trying to get gsp to stick to new glass.

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely put some tester frags in before moving all your precious colonies over. Your current tester has shown you the tank is not ready yet. Give it a couple weeks and try again :).

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These testers look good.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orange ball of Death settling into new refugium. Damaged its foot a little in the move, but looks ok. Fed it a clam and it has perked up. It needs to be fed every couple days to maintain its size.

There’s a lot more flow in this fuge and room for the corallimorph to spread out. Wish I could find a few more of these....anyone???
B08EF02D-8220-4198-AC31-238F1A1BDEE3.jpeg

https://reefs.com/2016/03/09/identification-guide-corallimorphs-reef-aquarium/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got almost all the corals moved over yesterday. Creamsicle milli, frogspawn and some gsp left to go in today.

Struggling with a spot for a huge birdsnest and on the fence about adding my 2 rbta. RBTA...pretty, but the splitting & walking is annoying.

I had told myself to move only my favs and sell the mhhh ones, but alas, coral hoarder gene is too strong.

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s ordered. Will be a long 4 month wait. But I have projects planned. Dedicated tank electrical, reinforce the subflooring in the crawl space, move light switches, start getting fish and treat them, cooking rock etc.

I’ve been hearing a lot of about life reef skimmers. Maybe I’ll give them a second look and spend the money I save on more radions. :p
What skimmer did you end up with? The life reef is running, quiet and pulling its weight.

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What skimmer did you end up with? The life reef is running, quiet and pulling its weight.

I got a bubble king double cone 200. I heard that the life reef was a bit noisier, and I was worried about that.

33327C24-AFBD-4D81-8928-FDD7F852C9EB.jpeg

Progress pic
The taller tank really does add so much dimension to the rock work. It already looks great.

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a bubble king double cone 200. I heard that the life reef was a bit noisier, and I was worried about that.

The taller tank really does add so much dimension to the rock work. It already looks great.

@Gablami Fish room solves the noise concerns :p. Just build off the house

@Wen I really am liking your pearly heads... I might have to get a few as well.

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy with location of AFS.
I didn’t want them sitting on the euro braces, so attached to aluminum canopy frame that houses a 61” aquatic life hybrid. Food drops between the lights. Thankfully, the aqua bus cord was long enough for when canopy is raised.
E2481E80-9AC0-4CFB-BB2E-92562ABDD945.jpeg
C1E0C8F9-0BC8-40D9-9714-48AE73EC59CF.jpeg

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Gablami Fish room solves the noise concerns :p. Just build off the house

Lol yeah right. I’m a little space limited here. Doubt I’ll ever get a real fishroom unless I move to a different state!

Happy with location of AFS.
I didn’t want them sitting on the euro braces, so attached to aluminum canopy frame that houses a 61” aquatic life hybrid. Food drops between the lights. Thankfully, the aqua bus cord was long enough for when canopy is raised.
E2481E80-9AC0-4CFB-BB2E-92562ABDD945.jpeg
C1E0C8F9-0BC8-40D9-9714-48AE73EC59CF.jpeg
Two AFS? So you feed two different pellets? I mixed them together in the same one, not sure how well that worked.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol yeah right. I’m a little space limited here. Doubt I’ll ever get a real fishroom unless I move to a different state!

Two AFS? So you feed two different pellets? I mixed them together in the same one, not sure how well that worked.

Not yet, Just preparing for General Tso sized and jawfish pellets.
image.jpg

OP
OP
Wen

Wen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you are putting angels in your reef...? I am on board with. I plan to do the same.
Yep, I do have some favorite LPS that are moved/moving to the refugium. :confused: Really wanted an Emp, so far, not disappointed in the decision.

The fuge looks so nice, decided to make window in the stand so folks can enjoy the LPS.;)

Your tank will be perfect for a big angel! I wish I had your restraint regarding less rock and more swimming room!

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I do have some favorite LPS that are moved/moving to the refugium. :confused: Really wanted an Emp, so far, not disappointed in the decision.

The fuge looks so nice, decided to make window in the stand so folks can enjoy the LPS.;)

Your tank will be perfect for a big angel! I wish I had your restraint regarding less rock and more swimming room!

Well it is best to move the LPS otherwise you just bought some expensive angel food.

Lets see a picture of the fuge!

I know I am sticking with regal angel for now until I get everything else growing. I mean you can remove some rock as well...

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back