What’s going on @Reef Builders?

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2018
Messages
17,142
Reaction score
39,217
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Reef Builders whats happening?
We’ve seen people buying stuff from the studio. I’m assuming it’s shutting down. Haven’t seen much activity on here or YouTube. I heard Salem and Remy have moved on to different places. Just curious. Jake was a true inspiration to my reef.
His videos are still relevant and I go back to rewatch every chance I get.
 
I would not expect to see anything substantial from them going forward. Sadly, Reef Builders died when Jake did
Someone needs to take the reins.
RB was a treasure trove of information and inspiration
 
Someone needs to take the reins.
RB was a treasure trove of information and inspiration

They have tried for years but everyone has left. I’d assume they are bleeding money to stay alive and relevant. YouTube views don’t pay the bills
 
They have tried for years but everyone has left. I’d assume they are bleeding money to stay alive and relevant. YouTube views don’t pay the bills
Jake must have been making money. He was banking coral for decades. You’d think sell off enough coral and gear to keep it alive. Heck they could have turned the studio into a shop/aquarium
 
Someone needs to take the reins.
RB was a treasure trove of information and inspiration
Maybe R2R can now that they have a headquarters.
 
Jake must have been making money. He was banking coral for decades. You’d think sell off enough coral and gear to keep it alive. Heck they could have turned the studio into a shop/aquarium

Who is going to run it? They brought in multiple people to try and pull people and views. They were all compared to Jake, which is totally unfair IMO. Reef Builders was Jake. Unfortunately, when the face of the franchise goes, the whole thing goes.

Same goes for BRStv. Ryan left and the channel died
 
Who is going to run it? They brought in multiple people to try and pull people and views. They were all compared to Jake, which is totally unfair IMO. Reef Builders was Jake. Unfortunately, when the face of the franchise goes, the whole thing goes.

Same goes for BRStv. Ryan left and the channel died
I can’t watch brs anymore. It’s not the same.
Reef builders had so much inventory that they could create content with or sell or both. It would be a shame to see it disappear. Hopefully someone will enlighten us on what’s going on.
I appreciate you insight RT
 
Maybe R2R can now that they have a headquarters.
@revhtree you see this?
Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office
 
I can’t watch brs anymore. It’s not the same.
Reef builders had so much inventory that they could create content with or sell or both. It would be a shame to see it disappear. Hopefully someone will enlighten us on what’s going on.
I appreciate you insight RT

They sold a ton of the corals and systems long ago

I have a decent idea what’s going on but it’s from indirect sources. I don’t think it’s my place to share any of it though.

Evan was let go. Salem left. Remy left. It’s pretty easy to guess based on that alone
 
Anybody know whatever happened with Evan? He did a couple vids after Jake’s death and then I haven’t seen him again? Was thinking he was going to be managing the studio, but guess not
 
Anybody know whatever happened with Evan? He did a couple vids after Jake’s death and then I haven’t seen him again? Was thinking he was going to be managing the studio, but guess not

You would have to go back to some of his vids and find the comments sharing the story
 
You would have to go back to some of his vids and find the comments sharing the story
I couldn’t find it…. But I did see some great Reef Builders content and subscribed to Evans YouTube channel
 
 
It should have never been sold to the "money people".
I feel like that’s a big reason Jake was so successful. He never seemed like he was doing videos or articles for the dollars
IMG_9563.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 6.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new