What are these corals and how do I place them feed them and how often what flow and placement ?

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I really need some input guys
What are they what ?
How do I feed them and how often ?
What are the placement ?
What strengthof lighting
I have Aquaillumination lights
Please help with exact names anyone help

5FEEDB1B-7462-4903-A5A4-8C67A1C24826.jpeg

C7887A90-6EB0-4E24-8215-5632F55EDAC0.jpeg

CCC88F18-0D20-4F45-ADFF-C9D1FA7880D5.jpeg

C5CCDC99-0939-4CF3-8E96-B6263883B76E.jpeg

F0C71071-2D05-4BD5-8B34-BDCA6D021E02.jpeg

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, you really should research before you buy. Knowing what your buying can insure you can provide the proper care. A little planning goes a long way in this hobby. The first pic is not a coral, it's a tridacna noae. High light and stable parameters are a must.
2-trachyphyllia
3-hammer coral
4-gorgonian
5-toungue coral
The LPS require medium light and low to medium indirect flow.

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For starters go pick up some food. I'm having good look with Hikari Coralific Delight. Many people swear by Reef Roids. LRS is another great brand. Pick one to try and pick up some pipettes while you are at it. They are usefull for feeding corals (and other critters). These guys will do best if you feed them once or twice a week. Also pick up a test kit for your water if you don't have one. So others can give you better advice give a little more detail about your tank. What size is it? What filteration are you using? What light are you using? Best of luck. I'm pretty new to anything other than fish, so I'll leave the rest of the details to the experts here.

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For starters go pick up some food. I'm having good look with Hikari Coralific Delight. Many people swear by Reef Roids. LRS is another great brand. Pick one to try and pick up some pipettes while you are at it. They are usefull for feeding corals (and other critters). These guys will do best if you feed them once or twice a week. Also pick up a test kit for your water if you don't have one. So others can give you better advice give a little more detail about your tank. What size is it? What filteration are you using? What light are you using? Best of luck. I'm pretty new to anything other than fish, so I'll leave the rest of the details to the experts here.
Oh I’ve always had coralific delight with me . Is that all I’ll need . Also whenever u follow the instructions and feed the food just sits on the coral until it blows away eventually
They never appear to eat it

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also why are there holes in the red coral
And why is my Trachy never extended out and some of it has turned to stone look

03B9C95F-8E39-4BB3-A64F-B5E1E54E32AC.jpeg

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I’ve always had coralific delight with me . Is that all I’ll need . Also whenever u follow the instructions and feed the food just sits on the coral until it blows away eventually
They never appear to eat it
You turn off whatever you have in the tank that blows it off the corals. You put it one them, near/on their mouth if you can see it, then you walk away and leave it for about an hour. After you come back, turn everything back on and use the pipette/syringe/whatever you used to squirt the food to gently blow water on the coral and get the excess stuff off of them. They will eat it. It can just be hard to see.

The last image you sent is an elegance. That one I actually know about. They tend to not like too much light or flow. They also generally prefer being in the sand bed. They are very aggressive and you should keep other corals away from them.

The black one with the gaping mouths looks hungry or sick or something. The flesh looks like it's recedeing and it looks stressed. Again I'd rather an expert chime in on this.

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also why are there holes in the red coral
And why is my Trachy never extended out and some of it has turned to stone look

03B9C95F-8E39-4BB3-A64F-B5E1E54E32AC.jpeg
It's flesh is receding for some reason. It can be lack of food, being stung by something else, or some other form of stress. I'd try feeing all of them again and see if having the water be still helps.

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You turn off whatever you have in the tank that blows it off the corals. You put it one them, near/on their mouth if you can see it, then you walk away and leave it for about an hour. After you come back, turn everything back on and use the pipette/syringe/whatever you used to squirt the food to gently blow water on the coral and get the excess stuff off of them. They will eat it. It can just be hard to see.

The last image you sent is an elegance. That one I actually know about. They tend to not like too much light or flow. They also generally prefer being in the sand bed. They are very aggressive and you should keep other corals away from them.

The black one with the gaping mouths looks hungry or sick or something. The flesh looks like it's recedeing and it looks stressed. Again I'd rather an expert chime in on this.
Thanks so much yeah illl definitely try that
The black one is actually reds d the holes are closing somewhat . So should I hurry the elegance in the sand I mean his base ? Would that be better like under a ledge ?

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fed him and he slimed up is that good ? Why is it doing this

image.jpg

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yay !!!! They are eating
Thank you thank you thank you
You are the best thanks this is the first time like
The slime is to trap the food and then the slime is moving into its mouth

Oh and yeah I will buy reef roids too

image.jpg

image.jpg

Rispa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks much healthier.

You could try leaving the elegance there if you like it, but if it acts unhappy and isn't opening all the way try moving it down

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks much healthier.

You could try leaving the elegance there if you like it, but if it acts unhappy and isn't opening all the way try moving it down
It only opens up when lights go on and it eats fresh prawn chunks whenever I feed my anemones . Is that I’ll I should feeed it? Looklights on now and he’s opened up about 60percent
So what is the red coral I still don’t know

C26DAC08-A678-4D91-B98A-97730C7D48BD.jpeg

08A24AC1-CD2C-480A-B5E1-9C30265FDAEF.jpeg

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And what is the coral top left flower pink thingy ? What is it

OP
OP
Snake132

Snake132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First pic is a clam,then trachyphyllia and bleached bubble tip anemone, euphyllia(looks like a hammer), gorgonian and tongue coral.
What type of clam is it if you dint mind ?
And what type of gorgonia and what is the red coral called

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 39.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 52 34.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back