What can the Random Flow Generator handle for GPH? | #AskBRStv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Joshua Kerstetter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've 2 of these in 3/4" since January. Their customer service was awesome, it did prompt me to upgrade from a Sunpole (green) up to a Jebao 10k, running at 100% but that's mostly due to my head pressure, I saw a pronounced change when I upgrade, simply holding my hand in front on them in the tank you can feel the variations in the water. It also makes catching something you accidentally drop in the tank, or fishing out something like molts alot more tedious, but ok. Honestly I see them as a relatively cheap upgrade item that really has no downside.

david@wegetkraken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an older thread, but thinking of using a couple of the 1” PVC attaching versions on our 327 gallon. Dual return bulkheads being pushed by a single Abyzz A200 return pump. I know these optimally top out at roughly 1,000 gph. I will likely be exceeding that with the Abyzz. Will they still function properly (I.e. can you have too much flow pushed through them and what are the risks if you do)?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I know this is an older thread, but thinking of using a couple of the 1” PVC attaching versions on our 327 gallon. Dual return bulkheads being pushed by a single Abyzz A200 return pump. I know these optimally top out at roughly 1,000 gph. I will likely be exceeding that with the Abyzz. Will they still function properly (I.e. can you have too much flow pushed through them and what are the risks if you do)?
Im pushing 4770GPH on my 660g and they work great.

AquaRaider44

#Reef4Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, thanks for the reply!

The RFGs can handle and convert much more flow than our "Optimal suggested flow rating". The Optimal Flow ratings are provided as a basis for what we is the best randomized flow for the least amount of head pressure. it's also important to note that our suggested ratings (both minimal and optimal) are without the nozzle in place.

If you go beyond the suggested flow rating, you will start to incur more head pressure, but the payoff is an even mor pronounced and stronger randomizes flow pattern that makes up for any losses. In fact we encourage to test the limits.

With the pump you are planning on running, I think you could easily run 4, 1in RFGs, or even 6 x 3/4in RFG.

We generally suggest you run the largest (and fewest) RFGs you can provide the proper amount of flow to. So for instance your pump is capable of up to 4,400 GPH. If you ran four 1in, you could theoretically provide about 800-1000 GPH to each RFG Nozzle (after head loss from you plumbing) at 100% on the pump output.

hope that helps.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back