What container to use

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jokim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t have the plastic bottles anymore. What container do people use for the base elements?

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use these from Walmart. You can see them in the bottom back of the cabinet.
I used Murlock fittings and ridged tube from BRS, float switches from amazon, for the low product float indicator to the Apex I/O Breakout box.
I marked the containers myself at 1000ml graduations so I know where I am at.
These are square and hold 3000ml.

Very happy with them, found a DIY YouTube video explained everything.
I did have a the common issue of the fittings to the tubing leaking in air. So I used a dab of silicone to seal each tube to the Murlock fittings. Problem solved and works well.

Apex cabinet.jpg

OP
OP
jokim

jokim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great setup and thanks for sharing!

I use these from Walmart. You can see them in the bottom back of the cabinet.
I used Murlock fittings and ridged tube from BRS, float switches from amazon, for the low product float indicator to the Apex I/O Breakout box.
I marked the containers myself at 1000ml graduations so I know where I am at.
These are square and hold 3000ml.

Very happy with them, found a DIY YouTube video explained everything.
I did have a the common issue of the fittings to the tubing leaking in air. So I used a dab of silicone to seal each tube to the Murlock fittings. Problem solved and works well.

Apex cabinet.jpg

Dree

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it helps at all, I was going for a DIY for my dosing containers as well. I bought all the items, only to find out that if I spend about $20 more, I could get a nice pre-made container. So I went with the Skimz DLC-4. It has 4 separated “containers” or “compartments” that each hold 1.5L (1500mL) I believe, came with plenty of color coded tubing, a few labels to know what chemical is what, and the small acrylic “tubes” leading to the bottom of each compartment are already there. No need to drill holes or do anything at all but setup tubing and pour in your chemicals. It was $70 I believe. Love it, great quality acrylic, nice small lids for each compartment.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H
If it helps at all, I was going for a DIY for my dosing containers as well. I bought all the items, only to find out that if I spend about $20 more, I could get a nice pre-made container. So I went with the Skimz DLC-4. It has 4 separated “containers” or “compartments” that each hold 1.5L (1500mL) I believe, came with plenty of color coded tubing, a few labels to know what chemical is what, and the small acrylic “tubes” leading to the bottom of each compartment are already there. No need to drill holes or do anything at all but setup tubing and pour in your chemicals. It was $70 I believe. Love it, great quality acrylic, nice small lids for each compartment.

Had not come across those, nice setup.
I needed to have a larger container for my peace of mind on my system.
Sometimes I travel for work so the more the better in my case.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back