What coral should I add ?

Saaqib_Ansari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Sorry I have no idea where I should post this but-
I have a 300L tank and just wanted some help with what corals to get.
At the moment I have: anemone, Zoas, Palys, birds nest, Montipora, pulsing xenia, Kenya tree, hammer coral, torch, and a toadstool all are smallfrags.
Are there any other corals that are pretty easy to keep and have nice colours maybe some red or blue. Thanks in advance

93847DB1-255C-4219-A2B8-E4696CBE94BB.jpeg 96F372ED-7704-497B-B252-4DA2454B28A6.jpeg DF7888AD-A4AC-4A7E-9EF5-50890B8C3A2B.jpeg

OP
OP
Saaqib_Ansari

Saaqib_Ansari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acans would be a good addition I think. Nice beginner LPS that comes in a variety of colors.
I’m aware you usually keep them on the bottom of the tank would a goby cause any problems with it by spitting sand everywhere?

Sean Duggan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m aware you usually keep them on the bottom of the tank would a goby cause any problems with it by spitting sand everywhere?
To me it depends what type of goby and how much sand he moves. I had a diamond goby that moved astronomical amounts of sand and buried every thing before I got rid of him. My uncle has one too that just stays near his little cave. You can also get a baseball sized rock and attach them to that. So that way they’re off the sand bed a couple inches and shouldn’t get buried.

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a diamond watchman goby (yes the famous coral burying mahine) and it doesn't bury larger piece plus some smaller pieces can shed sand just experiment. My 1 headed duncan frag might not be able to make it but my encrusting monti and my 2 headed candy cane frag can shed sand. Trust me those decent size acan colonies can make it and if it does ever struggle shift it up a bit. It can be done.

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me it depends what type of goby and how much sand he moves. I had a diamond goby that moved astronomical amounts of sand and buried every thing before I got rid of him. My uncle has one too that just stays near his little cave. You can also get a baseball sized rock and attach them to that. So that way they’re off the sand bed a couple inches and shouldn’t get buried.
I had the opposite check my other message.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back