What coral should I add ?

Saaqib_Ansari

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2019
Messages
697
Reaction score
201
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Sorry I have no idea where I should post this but-
I have a 300L tank and just wanted some help with what corals to get.
At the moment I have: anemone, Zoas, Palys, birds nest, Montipora, pulsing xenia, Kenya tree, hammer coral, torch, and a toadstool all are smallfrags.
Are there any other corals that are pretty easy to keep and have nice colours maybe some red or blue. Thanks in advance

93847DB1-255C-4219-A2B8-E4696CBE94BB.jpeg 96F372ED-7704-497B-B252-4DA2454B28A6.jpeg DF7888AD-A4AC-4A7E-9EF5-50890B8C3A2B.jpeg
 
Acans would be a good addition I think. Nice beginner LPS that comes in a variety of colors.
 
Acans would be a good addition I think. Nice beginner LPS that comes in a variety of colors.
I’m aware you usually keep them on the bottom of the tank would a goby cause any problems with it by spitting sand everywhere?
 
I’m aware you usually keep them on the bottom of the tank would a goby cause any problems with it by spitting sand everywhere?
To me it depends what type of goby and how much sand he moves. I had a diamond goby that moved astronomical amounts of sand and buried every thing before I got rid of him. My uncle has one too that just stays near his little cave. You can also get a baseball sized rock and attach them to that. So that way they’re off the sand bed a couple inches and shouldn’t get buried.
 
I’m aware you usually keep them on the bottom of the tank would a goby cause any problems with it by spitting sand everywhere?
I have a diamond watchman goby (yes the famous coral burying mahine) and it doesn't bury larger piece plus some smaller pieces can shed sand just experiment. My 1 headed duncan frag might not be able to make it but my encrusting monti and my 2 headed candy cane frag can shed sand. Trust me those decent size acan colonies can make it and if it does ever struggle shift it up a bit. It can be done.
 
To me it depends what type of goby and how much sand he moves. I had a diamond goby that moved astronomical amounts of sand and buried every thing before I got rid of him. My uncle has one too that just stays near his little cave. You can also get a baseball sized rock and attach them to that. So that way they’re off the sand bed a couple inches and shouldn’t get buried.
I had the opposite check my other message.
 
Candy cane coral/trumpet coral, you’ll get some good blues or greens! For red I think some red zoas will look great after covering a surface.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new