What designer Clowns do you have?

Tom Carr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my tank back up and running and looking to purchase a pair of Clowns for the kids.
I really like the Black Ice and Black Ice Snowflake clowns. I am interested to hear what others have purchased.

If you could post pics too that would be great.

Chefwheredyougo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a thunder maroon, and a lightning maroon, best pics I could get atm

15747934729383849203117692447484.jpg 15747934898636642446321555228161.jpg

OP
OP
Tom Carr

Tom Carr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a flurry clown. Looks like a frostbite or whatever.

I would get a smaller all-black midnight, but I am getting rd of this guy.
48574D97-5226-4866-8E7D-FB928559A786.jpeg
Very nice. I wish I lived closer I would take him off your hands.

OP
OP
Tom Carr

Tom Carr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love black storm, unfortunately my Reefer 250 isn't big enough for two pairs of clowns. I am worried about the slaughter that would happen.
Yeah I wouldn't take the chance. The Black Storms are really nice too. I am still trying to decide on what to get. So many awesome options. I just don't want to break the bank on two fish before Christmas. lol

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of gold-nugget clownfish, they're still young and haven't fully change in color but the white is starting to turn a yellowish gold. Attached are before & after as they mature.

IMG_7016.JPG download-3.jpg download-4.jpg

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a pair of Phantom clowns. They're basically the black/white snowflake pattern but have an orange face. They're still very small but I really like the three color look they have.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@PacificEastAquaculture, an R2R sponsor, always has designer clownfish with amazing patterns. Good luck with your search!

TheOtherMrB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got my tank back up and running and looking to purchase a pair of Clowns for the kids.
I really like the Black Ice and Black Ice Snowflake clowns. I am interested to hear what others have purchased.

Okay. I am a purist. Please do not be offended by my reply. Designer Clownfish just ruffle my fins. (I was going to write "feathers" but that seemed a mixed reference. ) I also dislike tiny purse poodles and Labradoodles and hairless cats and those fake florescent FW tetras. I do have a pair of Ocellaris because I couldn't find true Perculas at my LFS so, yes, perhaps I am a hypocrite. But the Designer Clowns just make my stomach hurt a little. I think I feel bad for them.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay. I am a purist. Please do not be offended by my reply. Designer Clownfish just ruffle my fins. (I was going to write "feathers" but that seemed a mixed reference. ) I also dislike tiny purse poodles and Labradoodles and hairless cats and those fake florescent FW tetras. I do have a pair of Ocellaris because I couldn't find true Perculas at my LFS so, yes, perhaps I am a hypocrite. But the Designer Clowns just make my stomach hurt a little. I think I feel bad for them.

You're not a hypocrite, you're entitled to your beliefs and that's cool. Personally I bought the gold nuggets because they were tank raised and accustomed to aquaria life and because I found them attractive. No offense taken, if anything I respect your opinion.

Porpoise Hork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have a pair of Black Ice Snowflakes and by far they are my favorite of the designer clowns.

I'll have to take a picture of them later. Their markings are similar to each other but distinct so you can easily tell them apart. They have a wonderful color gradient from black on top to orange on their bellies, and at the edge of the white coloring is an iridescent line that stands out like crazy under atinics.

Best part about these is I a huge discount from the Petco by my office because I helped the store manager resolve a bristle work problem they had in their tanks.

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

No offense here and I get the general sentiment, but I’m curious why you prefer the Amphiprion percula over the other approximately 25 species of clownfish?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back