OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it took me about an hour to get it all cleaned up and figure out the cause and fix that. I need to buy an auto skimmer shut off device for sure.
The one time I did it, I was doing a water change and forgot to turn it off... the water level in my sump is WAY HIGHER when I turn the pumps off. I had just spent an hour doing the water change and cleaning and then look under my tank... lol... yeah, that same mess.

Water level can have that effect on a skimmer. So can using new socks. ....and probably a dozen other things I haven’t discovered yet...

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a really good day today with my tank. 5 months ago I started a project to get my tank ready for SPS... and a few clams.... yeah, so, I just got there today. I can put a list of new toys in here and the other things I got completed today... that feels like bragging....

The part about this post that matters is... I’m done! I’m ready.... we’ll, my equipment is ready. Imma about to find out if I am ready. : )

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a really good day today with my tank. 5 months ago I started a project to get my tank ready for SPS... and a few clams.... yeah, so, I just got there today. I can put a list of new toys in here and the other things I got completed today... that feels like bragging....

The part about this post that matters is... I’m done! I’m ready.... we’ll, my equipment is ready. Imma about to find out if I am ready. : )
I did really stress my tank out today : (

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this will be a cool tread! (Fingers crossed)

I don’t care how hard you are working on your tank... there are a lot of...come on now... : ) a lot of boring days : ) You just don’t get to do much on a daily basis... lol... monthly basis... that really makes a difference. Occasionally... you do get to do something really cool! : )

The pics below are what I got to do today! : ) My lighting just became awesome!!! I have plans to make it better still (see my build thread : ) These lights are 9” above the water. I just added an “AquaticLife 61" T5HO X18 Hybrid NON-Dimmable Fixture” today. : ) The LEDs in the center are; 2 Hydra 32 HDs and 1 Hydra 26 (Very center)

Show it off!!! What did you do today? Let me learn from you!!!!!!,

(pics count!)

E31B5656-FEA2-4CB2-8AB4-EE303906A7A7.jpeg CB10F9AC-C216-4060-BB85-2802FC9F9034.jpeg C5406BD9-57ED-4C4D-BAFD-E4FFE885265E.jpeg CDBD24C5-94BA-4B1F-AFD7-465216DABDB6.jpeg
My new lights : )
373DCDA0-CF4B-4666-8460-84396CCFCA22.jpeg

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Calibrated my doser. Planned for a larger sump. Watched and fed the fish. Added an emerald crab.
Keep an eye on the emerald crabs!
I have removed 3 and need to remove 3-4 more from my 120.
They are hard to catch.
They have been found in several acro colonies eating polyps and flesh.
They have caused 2 colonies to stn and are working on 2 more.
I will never have them in any future tank.
I had 3 in my 120 for a year before they went rouge on acros. I added 4 more and thats when it started.
One colony was the size of a softball amd I dont think it will make it.
Live and learn.

KWT

Keep on keepin on
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a little daily maint, checked on the 2 nems that just joined the party, one in each tank. Tried some new food one the Cardinals, they seem to enjoy it immensely.

Rich 9_70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did something today I hope I never have to do again, I floated ziplock bags of ice in my 4-month old Biocube 32.

We live in Phoenix, AZ and our air conditioning crashed last night. Was not until 8:00pm tonight when I got the AC back up and running. We hit 109 degrees Fahrenheit today. By floating ice the new little reef never got above 82.2.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a couple of small Bangai Cardinals because I can't find anything interesting or odd

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back