OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to be like “wow” too till this year. I used to love them. At one point, I had about 5 in my 55. Now I only got one in my 120 and it’s too many. The fire shrimp is the opposite, he’s been a model citizen so far.
I have two of the fire shrimps too. They never mess with anything : )

Regular_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clean filter socks, relocate some bio media, added some bacteria and fed the homies. I also spent a rather long amount of time looking for Paul with my daughter (he is our new watchman goby). I’ve given up ever seeing the tiger shrimp again but I do see him violently flinging sand from under a rock cave every once and awhile.

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clean filter socks, relocate some bio media, added some bacteria and fed the homies. I also spent a rather long amount of time looking for Paul with my daughter (he is our new watchman goby). I’ve given up ever seeing the tiger shrimp again but I do see him violently flinging sand from under a rock cave every once and awhile.
That’s funny! I have 2 tube anemones in my tank... they both relocated themselves under my scape. I can kinnnnnaaaaaa. See them... smh... a shame too, they have really grown well. I keeping hoping they’ll pop up thru a rock someday. Lol

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water change, clean the glass, cleaned everything in my sump, cleaned the power heads, put in new filter socks and tested for almost every water measure there is lol... now I am just watching them : )

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water change, clean the glass, cleaned everything in my sump, cleaned the power heads, put in new filter socks and tested for almost every water measure there is lol... now I am just watching them : )
Wow my tank looks nice tonight! Water change days normally create a lot of cloudiness... mine has settled down now. My water is crystal clear! : ) (very happy)

MastaMind82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I took readings to see how the cycling is going. Then I stared at it for a while trying to figure out what is my end game for coral layout based on what they might grow out as. Then I setup my Ink Bird. Not much to do when waiting for the cycling to do it's thing I suppose.

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I took readings to see how the cycling is going. Then I stared at it for a while trying to figure out what is my end game for coral layout based on what they might grow out as. Then I setup my Ink Bird. Not much to do when waiting for the cycling to do it's thing I suppose.
Getting thru the cycle is a bit of a pain. You’ll make it : ) I’m waiting on the M word now. Waiting to “M”ature so I can take the next steps in my plan.

Regular_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water change/clean the socks and skimmer, added small cleanup crew and captured a hitchhiker (fireworm...gross). On the topic of hitchhikers I found one of my hermits cut in half and out of its shell....very curious

OP
OP
Shawn_epicurious

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water change/clean the socks and skimmer, added small cleanup crew and captured a hitchhiker (fireworm...gross). On the topic of hitchhikers I found one of my hermits cut in half and out of its shell....very curious
Oooohhhh.. cut in half...? That’s weird! Keep us posted on that one!

jeffrey750750

Reefin in the slow lane
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
did a water change, changed filter sock, changed carbon, drilled new higher drain hole in skimmer so there are no accidents. Also cut and stained the wood for my light holder/cat perch for my new tank

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oops! Ive had that happen before. How long did it take to clean it up?

Well it took me about an hour to get it all cleaned up and figure out the cause and fix that. I need to buy an auto skimmer shut off device for sure.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back