What did you do to your tank today?

I used to be like “wow” too till this year. I used to love them. At one point, I had about 5 in my 55. Now I only got one in my 120 and it’s too many. The fire shrimp is the opposite, he’s been a model citizen so far.
I have two of the fire shrimps too. They never mess with anything : )
 
Clean filter socks, relocate some bio media, added some bacteria and fed the homies. I also spent a rather long amount of time looking for Paul with my daughter (he is our new watchman goby). I’ve given up ever seeing the tiger shrimp again but I do see him violently flinging sand from under a rock cave every once and awhile.
 
Nothing exciting for me, fed the tank and topped off the ATO and Kalkwasser reservoirs!
 
Clean filter socks, relocate some bio media, added some bacteria and fed the homies. I also spent a rather long amount of time looking for Paul with my daughter (he is our new watchman goby). I’ve given up ever seeing the tiger shrimp again but I do see him violently flinging sand from under a rock cave every once and awhile.
That’s funny! I have 2 tube anemones in my tank... they both relocated themselves under my scape. I can kinnnnnaaaaaa. See them... smh... a shame too, they have really grown well. I keeping hoping they’ll pop up thru a rock someday. Lol
 
Water change, clean the glass, cleaned everything in my sump, cleaned the power heads, put in new filter socks and tested for almost every water measure there is lol... now I am just watching them : )
 
Water change, clean the glass, cleaned everything in my sump, cleaned the power heads, put in new filter socks and tested for almost every water measure there is lol... now I am just watching them : )
Wow my tank looks nice tonight! Water change days normally create a lot of cloudiness... mine has settled down now. My water is crystal clear! : ) (very happy)
 
Today I took readings to see how the cycling is going. Then I stared at it for a while trying to figure out what is my end game for coral layout based on what they might grow out as. Then I setup my Ink Bird. Not much to do when waiting for the cycling to do it's thing I suppose.
 
Today I took readings to see how the cycling is going. Then I stared at it for a while trying to figure out what is my end game for coral layout based on what they might grow out as. Then I setup my Ink Bird. Not much to do when waiting for the cycling to do it's thing I suppose.
Getting thru the cycle is a bit of a pain. You’ll make it : ) I’m waiting on the M word now. Waiting to “M”ature so I can take the next steps in my plan.
 
Water change/clean the socks and skimmer, added small cleanup crew and captured a hitchhiker (fireworm...gross). On the topic of hitchhikers I found one of my hermits cut in half and out of its shell....very curious
 
Water change/clean the socks and skimmer, added small cleanup crew and captured a hitchhiker (fireworm...gross). On the topic of hitchhikers I found one of my hermits cut in half and out of its shell....very curious
Oooohhhh.. cut in half...? That’s weird! Keep us posted on that one!
 
did a water change, changed filter sock, changed carbon, drilled new higher drain hole in skimmer so there are no accidents. Also cut and stained the wood for my light holder/cat perch for my new tank
 
Oops! Ive had that happen before. How long did it take to clean it up?

Well it took me about an hour to get it all cleaned up and figure out the cause and fix that. I need to buy an auto skimmer shut off device for sure.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new