What do you do with your bristle worms when you catch them?

saltwaterfish.com

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
597
Reaction score
551
Location
Vero Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most common answer tends to be throwing them away or in the garden for compost. Some people will feed them to their arrow crabs or coral banded shrimp or even large wrasse if they have the appetite for them. I like to feed mine to my rock flower garden, they get a treat and I don't feel bad about throwing them away.
 
Wake Up Eating GIF by Jukebox Saints
 
I rarely remove them from my display tank, but if there is a big one I'll toss it in the refugium.
 
The most common answer tends to be throwing them away or in the garden for compost. Some people will feed them to their arrow crabs or coral banded shrimp or even large wrasse if they have the appetite for them. I like to feed mine to my rock flower garden, they get a treat and I don't feel bad about throwing them away.
We hardly see them anymore, the halichoeres chloropterus eats the heck out of them, but my 7 year old wants to keep a small tank of them in his room. Its his second favorite thing in the tank, his account names are all named after this fun pest.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new