What do you LOVE about your reef?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A lot of times we talk about what we would do differently in our reef tanks, and those discussions are valuable, but today let's talk some about what you would do the SAME on any future tanks! What is one thing that you absolutely LOVE about your tank?

This could be ANYTHING. A livestock choice, a routine maintenance plan, equipment choice...ANYTHING.

Oh, and as usual, pics are appreciated! :D

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank size. I absolutely LOVE the 40 breeder. As much as I want a 75, the 3 foot short and wide tank just works out perfectly for me :)
pc4i5N5l.jpg

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I love of this hobby is the Diversity of life, the enjoyment of making a little piece of the ocean in my own home and see things grow and healthy. I wish I have the $$$ to go big on this hobby.

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pull up a stool, let me pour you a cold one :)

FTS_040118.jpg
I’m with you on that one!

My favorite part is watching the tank. Especially mornings and evenings. It brings me peace...atleast when everything is happy ;)

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about my tank is how it doesn't work on paper or in theory depending on the decade you proposed it. If we listed every major rule for reefing in the last twenty years, an old pico reef breaks them or seemingly breaks them :)

Gregg @ ADP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the science of the reef tank. Love that we can get so close to a holistic ecosystem. The fact that virtually all phyla w/in Animalia (as well as microbial and algal) is present is awesome.

Also being in a position where I get paid to spend somebody else’s money on reef tanks is kinda cool, too.

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having had medium sized tanks for decades, I've really enjoyed the smaller size and simplicity of my current 12g:

12g FTS 10th Year Aug 2018.jpg

I particularly enjoy viewing all the smaller inhabitants 'up close and personal' as well as observing the corals' interactions over an extended period of time.

Ralph.

Last edited:

VSVP bet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having had medium sized tanks for decades, I've really enjoyed the smaller size and simplicity of my current 12g:

12g FTS 10th Year Aug 2018.jpg

I particularly enjoy viewing all the smaller inhabitants 'up close and personal' as well as observing the corals' interactions over an extended period of time.

Ralph.

Love the growth in here.

Back